Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Media Bosses Exposed

Media Bosses Exposed
    How The Truth About the Border is Being Suppressed

Continued from January 17, 2008 Feature

http://www.americanpatrol.com/09-FEATUR ... ature.html

[...]

The Holeman Lounge at the Press Club is very impressive (and expensive), and we had a 60" plasma TV for the presentation. We had four large posters (cost - $600) with incredible graphics. Everything was perfect as I put a stack of professionally prepared press packages on a table near the entrance

We were ready.

But no one came. Not one member of the press or media showed up. There were friends in the audience, but no reporters to get the story.

I gave the presentation anyway and our friends agreed that the story was probably too important to be told to the public. That is why we were blacked out. (There were two black ladies present and they were very upset to learn that the government has known where drugs were being smuggled into the U.S. and could have stopped it years ago, but didn't.)

I was very disappointed at the total lack of a turnout, and a little depressed – what a waste of American Border Patrol's money. But after thinking about it, I have decided it was a good investment after all. ABP had paid for airtight proof that it is being blacked out by the media.

Looking back over the past year I now realize that the press blackout of ABP has been going on for some time.

In January of last year I traveled to Washington, D.C. to present ABP's year-end report on the border.
    http://www.americanpatrol.com/08-FEATUR ... ature.html

At one point I spent an hour with Jerry Seper in his Washington Times office. Seper told me that the paper would no doubt run a big story on American Border Patrol's work. It never happened. In fact, they never even mentioned us.

In the past year ABP was visited by Radio France, a crew from Finnish Television (YLE TV), Tages Anzeiger, the German language Swiss national daily newspaper, ARD (German Radio), BFM TV from France, and TV 4 from Sweden. I took most of these people flying along the border and I have been told their stories have been running all across Europe. In the past ABP has been visited by TV crews from all over Asia. ABP is well known, it seems, everywhere but in the U.S.

On September 14 the Sierra Vista Herald ran a big story about how ABP challenged DHS's border fence figures.

http://www.svherald.com/articles/2008/0 ... 867557.txt

The reporter, Jonathan Shacat, said he thought bigger papers would pick up the story. They didn't.

The Herald ran a follow-up story on October 5,
    http://www.svherald.com/articles/2008/1 ... 528385.txt

but no one picked that one up either. Both stories included interviews with DHS/CBP officials. Reporter Shacat told me that he had a long conversation with Angela de Rocha, public affairs officer for Department of Homeland Security's Customs and Border Protection, during which she said American Border Patrol was doing a valuable service for the American people.

On October 10 ABP held a press conference in Tucson to discuss our differences with the DHS regarding the border fence. We used PR Newswire and our Arizona list to notify the media. No one came. A reporter with a Tucson TV station e-mailed me (I have the e-mail) and said he asked the station to cover the news conference, but they didn't. He couldn't explain why.

After that failed press conference Sean Holsteage of the Arizona Republic e-mailed me and made arrangements to fly with ABP on its next border mission. It was all set for Nov. 10. At the last minute, he e-mailed and said his boss cancelled the trip, citing insurance issues. This was complete nonsense. Had they asked we would have told them ABP has insurance through the AOPA.
    http://www.aopa.org/

And, reporters are in the business of getting into the "real world." In fact, last November reporters were injured in a hot-air balloon accident near Yuma.
    http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/hourlyupdate/267052

If reporters are assigned to fly in a hot-air balloon, a very dangerous activity, it makes no sense that one would be prohibited from flying in a fixed-wing airplane flown by an instrument-rated pilot with more than 6,000 accident-free flying hours.

The evidence is very clear. The media bosses in the United States are doing everything they can to keep the truth about the border away from the American People. The absence of reporters at the National Press Club was final proof that they are very afraid of what American Border Patrol has to say.

When it comes to the border, the media bosses are treating the American people like mushrooms – keeping them in the dark and feeding them manure

I was disappointed about what happened in D.C., but not discouraged. In fact, I am energized in knowing that, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that the media fear American Border Patrol so much that they are willing to sacrifice any sense of fairness and honor to sensor us.

We will find other ways to reach the American people, not only with the truth about the border, but with the truth about how they are being manipulated by the power-elite. We may be blacked out but we won't be silenced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_blackout

Glenn Spencer
    American Border Patrol

http://www.americanpatrol.com/09-FEATUR ... ature.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This doesn't surprise me. This was told to me years ago and so far it hasn't been proven wrong.......keep them occupied with survival and no time to really see what's happening, or if they figure it out, no time to do anything...... what they do see let it be only what you want them to know so there's no chance of bonding with like mind people to get together to do something, without risking everything to do so. Perfect occation to do whatever you want. It's not until it's too late, people wake-up and then there's little that can be done.

Any addict knows the "war on drugs" was a joke. Do EVERYTHING BUT what will work, and twiddle around doing meaningless things so it LOOKS LIKE you're doing something and take their minds off the real issue. Make NORMAL people doing legal things just as much of a culprit as the actual criminal.......Lord knows an asprin or midol for cramps is JUST THE SAME thing as a cocaine dealer.......so bust kids as if they were illegal drug dealers when they have an asprin on them. And by ALL MEANS put grandma and grandpa in the same catagory as a drug dealer because they may take medications to survive that a kid could sell or get high on. Then DENY them what they need coz lord knows someone else might abuse it. This recently has my panties in a knot. I have some friends in late stages of cancer.....in severe pain and they can't get help coz lord knows they might become addicted. LOL Go to hospice and they have a time table for how quick you should die and if you hang on too long, they can toss you in the street coz you didn't die on schedual. I saw this before......that was exactly why Kivorcian and his services were sought. I'm waiting on oxycontin to go the way of qualudes.......it worked for the people who needed it....but darn, others abused it so the needy are denied and left to suffer. The honest people suffer while crime thrives.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Below is the entire original article.

Anatomy of a Blackout

by Glenn Spencer -- January 17, 2009 / (Originally posted as a feature item)

I spent the three months preparing for a news conference scheduled for January 14, 2009. On December 10 and January 6, I flew aerial surveillance missions along the border. I then used the mission data, together with data from other missions flown over the past two years, to tell a story.

The presentation given at the National Press Club was the best I have ever done. It told the story about the border that was compelling and true. It had national significance.

To make sure the media and others would be there, American Border Patrol paid PR Newswire extra to use its special Homeland Security "microlist" for the press release. I called and e-mailed reporters I knew, including Jerry Seper of the Washington Times, just to make sure they would be there.

Thursday morning I arose about 3 a.m to do the finishing touches on the presentation. We left the hotel about 7:30 for the 9 am conference. Traffic, made worse by vendor trucks rushing to get their stuff into D.C. before roads were closed for the inauguration, was horrible. As we drove past hundreds and hundreds of porta-potties and lines of tents set up for the Jan. 20th shindig, I worried that we wouldn't arrive on time. We did, with ten minutes to spare.

The Holeman Lounge at the Press Club is very impressive (and expensive), and we had a 60" plasma TV for the presentation. We had four large posters (cost - $600) with incredible graphics. Everything was perfect as I put a stack of professionally prepared press packages on a table near the entrance

We were ready.

But no one came. Not one member of the press or media showed up. There were friends in the audience, but no reporters to get the story.

I gave the presentation anyway and our friends agreed that the story was probably too important to be told to the public. That is why we were blacked out. (There were two black ladies present and they were very upset to learn that the government has known where drugs were being smuggled into the U.S. and could have stopped it years ago, but didn't.)

I was very disappointed at the total lack of a turnout, and a little depressed – what a waste of American Border Patrol's money. But after thinking about it, I have decided it was a good investment after all. ABP had paid for airtight proof that it is being blacked out by the media.

Looking back over the past year I now realize that the press blackout of ABP has been going on for some time.

In January of last year I traveled to Washington, D.C. to present ABP's year-end report on the border.

At one point I spent an hour with Jerry Seper in his Washington Times office. Seper told me that the paper would no doubt run a big story on American Border Patrol's work. It never happened. In fact, they never even mentioned us.

In the past year ABP was visited by Radio France, a crew from Finnish Television (YLE TV), Tages Anzeiger, the German language Swiss national daily newspaper, ARD (German Radio), BFM TV from France, and TV 4 from Sweden. I took most of these people flying along the border and I have been told their stories have been running all across Europe. In the past ABP has been visited by TV crews from all over Asia. ABP is well known, it seems, everywhere but in the U.S.

On September 14 the Sierra Vista Herald ran a big story about how ABP challenged DHS's border fence figures.

The reporter, Jonathan Shacat, said he thought bigger papers would pick up the story. They didn't.

The Herald ran a follow-up story on October 5, but no one picked that one up either. Both stories included interviews with DHS/CBP officials. Reporter Shacat told me that he had a long conversation with Angela de Rocha, public affairs officer for Department of Homeland Security's Customs and Border Protection, during which she said American Border Patrol was doing a valuable service for the American people.

On October 10 ABP held a press conference in Tucson to discuss our differences with the DHS regarding the border fence. We used PR Newswire and our Arizona list to notify the media. No one came. A reporter with a Tucson TV station e-mailed me (I have the e-mail) and said he asked the station to cover the news conference, but they didn't. He couldn't explain why.

After that failed press conference Sean Holsteage of the Arizona Republic e-mailed me and made arrangements to fly with ABP on its next border mission. It was all set for Nov. 10. At the last minute, he e-mailed and said his boss cancelled the trip, citing insurance issues. This was complete nonsense. Had they asked we would have told them ABP has insurance through the AOPA.

And, reporters are in the business of getting into the "real world." In fact, last November reporters were injured in a hot-air balloon accident near Yuma.

If reporters are assigned to fly in a hot-air balloon, a very dangerous activity, it makes no sense that one would be prohibited from flying in a fixed-wing airplane flown by an instrument-rated pilot with more than 6,000 accident-free flying hours.

The evidence is very clear. The media bosses in the United States are doing everything they can to keep the truth about the border away from the American People. The absence of reporters at the National Press Club was final proof that they are very afraid of what American Border Patrol has to say.

When it comes to the border, the media bosses are treating the American people like mushrooms – keeping them in the dark and feeding them manure

I was disappointed about what happened in D.C., but not discouraged. In fact, I am energized in knowing that, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that the media fear American Border Patrol so much that they are willing to sacrifice any sense of fairness and honor to sensor us.

We will find other ways to reach the American people, not only with the truth about the border, but with the truth about how they are being manipulated by the power-elite. We may be blacked out but we won't be silenced.

Glenn Spencer
    American Border Patrol

http://www.americanpatrol.com/SPENCER-G ... utABP.html

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Forwarding to family and friends

I have experienced this first hand myself. With numerious stories leaving out the facts, such as people involved are illegall aliens.
    Then there was when we had a huge rally a couple years ago in Sac CA. We had the rally right outside of Arden Fair Mall. Univision was on one side of the street and KCRA channel 3 was on the other. Channel 3 does their noon news from the mall. They had been sent press releases, and given phone calls. they never showed. Since then I have found KCRA 3 to be very bias. But univision did show.

crazybird, you are very correct, but if you say that to most people they will think you have lost you mind... how sad .. we have almost lost our country.
    "One Flag ... One Language ... ONE COUNTRY"....... Teddy Roosevelt

As a retired member of the press, I have seen an increasing amount of pounding from the top-down to be politically correct. I worked for years for a paper owned by a subsidiary of a corporation, corporation owned by a very rich family. At first the editors I worked for allowed me to find stories on my own: the river was turning green, the Gulf of Mexico was turning brown, and occasionally there would be a wonderful smell of garbage that had been rotting in the sun for a week, which was red tide. Apparently, the corporation's family did not necessarily like me covering environmental problems, as they thought GWB and his policies of lax regulations was the way of the future. Then when I covered the plans for a mega box-store being negotiated for a road that couldn't handle it (not to mention killing the mom-and-pop businesses the community relied upon) I found the newest editor, toeing the company line, start assigning me stories about the bridge club. I even had to turn over my sources in the scientific community to a summer intern that attended all the environmental meetings that used to be my territory. I quit.
    Reporters are the schmucks in this mess, and with the economy in the tank, as part of the lower eschelon, you have to toe the company bent as
    you don't want to lose your job and the editor doesn't either by publishing something that doesn't please the bosses. There are very few (even little) local independent papers left that publish all points of view.

crazybird, you are very correct, but if you say that to most people they will think you have lost you mind... how sad .. we have almost lost our country.
    I know.......but hey, what does some old coot know?

There are very few (even little) local independent papers left that publish all points of view.
    No they ban and censor you or crash your computer so you have no say.,

You wonder why people are not buying the newspapers anymore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast