Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

New post on Malkin's site:

Absolut arrogance and the advertising agency behind the reconquista ad
    By Michelle Malkin • April 4, 2008 05:35 AM

You know what has been heartening the past two days as reaction to the Absolut Reconquista ad continues to pour in? The fact that so many of you still take our sovereignty seriously and are willing to give voice to your concerns without apologizing for it. I’m including a sample of e-mails below.

But first: The advertising firm that created the Absolut Reconquista ad is Teran/TBWA. Teran is based in Mexico City. [size=150]The company’s website boasts a pretentious statement of philosophy advocating “disruptionâ€

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    Greg Jarrett and Megyn Kelley showed this on Fox & Friends this morning!

Great! Did they give the HQ phone numbers? I doubt it. Of course, that is very early in the morning. I wonder if Cavuto will have it on his business news today. He's on at 4:00 p.m. EDT and 1:00 EDT.

Let's get this info to:

cavuto@foxnews.com

No, they didn't offer up any contact information. Just showed the map and commented that neither of them would be drinking any Absolut. They both had comments about the map, too!

I hope Cavuto does this story today. I sent it to him, Dobbs, Oreilly, Beck yesterday afternoon. I'm a LOT of others clued them in as well.

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    Now the unemployed day laborers can sit around outside 7-11, drink absolut, and dream about taking back their so called land (if they aren't deported first)!

I wonder how The Absolut Spirits Company, Inc. is holding up in the stock market--surely there is a great deal of selling of it's stocks.

"The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or any controlling private power."
    Franklin D. Roosevelt
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think we should all email the Swedish headquarters. Those that can afford it should also call them.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    For what it's worth, I posted this on the absolut blog:

Is part of your "vision" to produce an ad that not only insults Americans, but validates the notion of Mexicans that part of the U.S. somehow belongs to them? I think everyone needs to revisit their history books. Your pandering to the Mexican people is disgraceful. Your lack of respect for the American people is a slap in the face. I can only hope that you see a tremendous drop in sales of this product due to a boycott by Americans. I will be spreading the word and so will many Americans I know.

It looks like a French multinational company, Pernod Richard, is in the process of buying Absolut. Here is more info on them:

http://stocks.us.reuters.com/stocks/ove ... ol=PERP.PA

Notice since they are based in Europe their stock is listed in Euros. They have operations around the world including as they say "The Americas".

Here is more details on their buyout of Absolut
    http://today.reuters.com/news/articlein ... &type=qcna

To me this ad is just like the Zimmerman letter Germany sent to Mexico during WWI asking Mexico to join with Germany and attack the USA, for which in return Mexico would receive the Southwest back. This letter was one of the big reasons the US entered the war against Germany.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Drudge links to LA Times coverage on this:

Mexico reconquers California? Absolut drinks to that!
    The latest advertising campaign in Mexico from Swedish vodka maker Absolut promises to push all the right buttons south of the U.S. border, but it could ruffle a few feathers in El Norte.

The billboard and press campaign, created by advertising agency Teran\TBWA and now running in Mexico, is a colorful map depicting what the Americas might look like in an "Absolut" -- i.e., perfect -- world.

The U.S.-Mexico border lies where it was before the Mexican-American war of 1848 when California, as we now know it, was Mexican territory and known as Alta California.

Following the war, the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo saw the Mexican territories of Alta California and Santa Fé de Nuevo México ceded to the United States to become modern-day California, Texas, New Mexico, Utah, Colorado and Arizona. (Texas actually split from Mexico several years earlier to form a breakaway republic, and was voluntarily annexed by the United States in 1846.)

The campaign taps into the national pride of Mexicans, according to Favio Ucedo, creative director of leading Latino advertising agency Grupo Gallegos in the U.S.

Ucedo, who is from Argentina, said: “Mexicans talk about how the Americans stole their land, so this is their way of reclaiming it. It’s very relevant and the Mexicans will love the idea.â€

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    It looks like a French multinational company, Pernod Richard, is in the process of buying Absolut. Here is more info on them:

http://stocks.us.reuters.com/stocks/ove ... ol=PERP.PA

Notice since they are based in Europe their stock is listed in Euros. They have operations around the world including as they say "The Americas".

Here is more details on their buyout of Absolut
    http://today.reuters.com/news/articlein ... &type=qcna

To me this ad is just like the Zimmerman letter Germany sent to Mexico during WWI asking Mexico to join with Germany and attack the USA, for which in return Mexico would receive the Southwest back. This letter was one of the big reasons the US entered the war against Germany.
    Bowman, I believe the Pernod deal was final March 31st. $8.3 Billion!

hubby's remarks

This is my hubby's message.

Jeffrey,

Dumb move my friend. No more Absolut in America? Way to build brand support and project a responsible image for your company. Or is it better to just get rid of America?

No loss my friend because I never drink Vodka, but I noted with pleasure the other brands your company produces, and will start a campaign to have them banned here. I live in California, I am a multilingual American citizen, including Spanish. I am a student of history and our family lost everything in the second world war. I am familiar with wars of conquest and wars of reconquest, if Mexico wants to take over my country, please haul them up here on the back of Absolut Vodka delivery trucks. But prepare to haul MOD EDIT back to their country.
    Take a stand or all there will be left to do is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast