VIA Email:

I arrived this morning at 7:15. There were about 10 LEO’s on hand from the Spring Valley police department and the Rockland County sheriff’s office. Eventually there were six of us there to protest the hiring of illegal aliens including Bill Tibbe of Citizens Civil Defense who organized the demonstration as part of the National Invasion Protest. Supporting the illegal invasion were about twenty-four counter-demonstrators. At our location and spread out along Route 59 there were perhaps thirty illegal aliens. This is a big decrease from the number who usually gather. Bill had scouted the area on Wednesday and reported hundreds of illegal aliens – more than he had ever seen before. We figure the police presence discouraged some of them. While there we did not see a single employer stop to hire an illegal alien, also presumably due to the police presence – so our efforts were successful despite our low turnout. Other than ignoring the illegal aliens who were present, law enforcement acted professionally and were very cooperative.

There was also plenty of media present including the Journal News, Channel 12, Channel 17 Public Access, and a student reporter from Rockland County Community College. I gave several interviews. I am sure the event will receive at least some coverage over the next 24 hours. Here is an article on the event from yesterday’s Journal News:

http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/pbcs ... /-1/spider

I had never before met the five other people who showed up to protest the hiring of illegal aliens