December 7, 2005

Jim

I felt good this morning. We had vigorously pursued the voters for three months, campaigning on your behalf. The percentage of votes you received was impressive, to say the least. It was especially impressive when you consider that you received the most votes of those actually cast on the day. I realize that there can only be one winner in any race, and this time was not our turn.

I felt good this morning until I looked out of my office window. I saw a Gilchrist sign fifty yards up the street, standing tall on the grass. I was overcome with emotions… sadness, resentments, etc! We had fought fairly, not once stooping to the levels that a lot of politicians do. We endured the name calling. We replaced the stolen and/or vandalized signs. We had energy and we moved along with it.

I felt quite depressed that we had spent three months of our lives working hard for something we believe in, all to no avail. But I reminded myself of the positive results achieved thru our efforts. To list a few;

1. The MMP is now a household name across the Nation.

2. The MMP is moving forward.

3. We made an impact in Washington.

4. Jim Gilchrist has hinted that he will return to the political arena.

I became a citizen after eights years of LEGAL hard work and I felt proud working as a volunteer on your campaign. There is still of lot of work to do if we are ever going to reclaim our Nation, and I look forward to number four on my list.

I am ready when you are. I am ready to return to the street corners chanting “VOTE for JIM�!!!

Sincerely

Steve Taylor