Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Paul Rallies His Troops

September 2, 2008 04:59 PM

By Brian C. Mooney, Globe Staff

MINNEAPOLIS -- As Republicans gathered in St. Paul to get their convention on track today, thousands of devotees of Ron Paul, the Texas congressman who lost a bid for the GOP presidential nomination and became an irritant to John McCain, held an all-day counter convention across the Mississippi River.

Democrats and Republicans alike were verbally abused by speakers at the "Rally for the Republic" at the Target Center, the home of the Minnesota Timberwolves of the NBA.

The irregular band of libertarian-leaning activists heard author Bill Kauffman say "there are a lot more of us than there are Dick Cheneys, and he knows it, that's why he sleeps in his bunker."

Thomas Woods, an author and professor, derided the major party candidates as "McBama," and Doug Wead, an author-historian, who worked in the White House of the first President Bush, declared: "I say to the Republicans across the river, come home, come back. This is where you started, these are your roots. Join the campaign for liberty."

Wead received a standing ovation from the several thousand in the arena.

Commentator Sean Hannity may be the darling of the right, but when he appeared twice on a video clip after the Fox News Channel presidential debate early this year, he was roundly booed both times by the assemblage.

Besides Paul, who is to address his supporters tonight, scheduled speakers included from Grover Norquist, president of Americans for Tax Reform, former Minnesota governor and professional wrestler Jesse Ventura, Howard Phillips, chairman of the Conservative Caucus, and John McManus, president of the ultraconservative John Birch Society.

2 comments so far...

1. God help America. It's sad to see a nation so asleep as to allow the hijacking our our nation through the sold out Replicrats. Please look at what has caused 15,000+ Americans to travel from all 50 states and Europe to attend. Ron Paul is on to something and if YOU don't take the time to find out, YOU will be responsible for the downfall of this once-great nation.

Posted by Bill, a political patriot September 2, 08 05:20 PM

2. I've been watching the Rally for the Republic today on CSPAN-2. Wow, what a great convention! As ticked off as I'd been at Tucker Carlson for what he did during the presidential campaign, seemingly to intentionally damage Ron Paul's image, Carlson has been a very inspiring speaker on behalf of Ron Paul today! Jesse Ventura, for all of his roughness around the edges, was very pointed in his speech as well. Great event all around!

Posted by Darryl September 2, 08 05:50 PM

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/pol ... es_hi.html

They have had some incredible speakers tonight, from the John Birch Society to Jesse Venture.

At the moment, I am so proud to be an American knowing the fight is still on.

Don't give up guys....this is our last stand to take America back.

2. I've been watching the Rally for the Republic today on CSPAN-2. Wow, what a great convention! As ticked off as I'd been at Tucker Carlson for what he did during the presidential campaign, seemingly to intentionally damage Ron Paul's image, Carlson has been a very inspiring speaker on behalf of Ron Paul today! Jesse Ventura, for all of his roughness around the edges, was very pointed in his speech as well. Great event all around!

Basically what all the speakers have said tonight is to stop the invasion and realize that there is no difference between McCain and Obama. They are both owned by the same globalists who wish to see the end of the USA.

And we must, all must !!!!!!! not accept this and begin the revolution now. Voting for either of these two candidates is sealing the coffin of your future and the future of your children.

This country belongs to us, not nancy pelosi, harry reid, george bush, john mccain, barack obama. They are hired to do our bidding, not the bidding of the federal reserve bankers and europe.

Very inspiring, if you are not watching now please do so... hopefully c-span will repeat this tomorrow.

Ron Paul is on CNN video (live feed) now.

http://www.cnn.com/video/live/live.html?stream=stream2

I was on c-span... did CNN cover the rally as well?

Re: Paul Rallies His Troops

Quote Originally Posted by chloe24
    , and John McManus, president of the ultraconservative John Birch Society.
    I wonder what the press would call the American revolutionaires like Ben Franklin today? Probably terrorist militia men.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)