Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We lost on 'cloture' vote ... Final amnesty vote coming up .

We lost on 'cloture' vote ... Final amnesty vote coming up ... Keep phoning

THE PROCEDURAL BACKROOM DEALS PREVAILED -- MANY OF OUR ALLIES SOLD OUT OUR BEST OPPORTUNITY TO STOP THE SENATE AMNESTY

Motion to invoke cloture
    passed 73-25
    a few minutes ago.

As I warned you might happen earlier this morning, many Senators who say they oppose the giant S. 2611 amnesty voted FOR cloture which shuts off debate and allows a final vote.

Only 41 votes against cloture would have stopped the bill.

But many Senators traded away their vote against cloture in order to get their amendments considered, or to get their future judicial nominations considered ... that type of thing.

I'll send you the roll call tally as soon as it is available so you can see how your Senators voted.

THE NEED FOR PHONING HAS NOT ENDED

Although everybody assumes that the amnesty will pass the Senate, we still have major goals to help us win while losing:

* If the majority of the majority Party (Republicans) vote NO on the final S. 2611, that will help our Republican allies in the House toe the line on compromise by saying they are in step with most Republicans in the Senate. This victory while losing would require a minimum of 29 Republican NO votes.

* If we can get 41 or more NO votes. That will show that it is possible to win a cloture vote in the future against bad legislation if there aren't a lot of procedural complications in back-room dealing.

* If the McCain wing of the Senate Republicans can be shown to be the definite minority wing of the Party. This would require a final Repubican vote of something like at least 21-35 for S. 2611. It is very important that many of the Republican fencesitters not see McCain as their shooting star but as a pair of concrete shoes sinking them in the public opinion pools of their states.

* Six Democrats voting against S. 2611. That isn't much, but it is really a significant number to try to keep Democratic national spokesmen from labeling the NO votes as racist, xenophobic.

Please use the phone links and phone numbers in the right hand column under ACTIONS IN BRIEF and keep phoning.

THANKS -- AND DON'T GIVE UP,

-- ROY in this email:

actions in brief:
    ON WEDNESDAY

1. Phone your state's 2 Senators' offices at home and in DC ... urge (beg) for a NO on final S. 2611 vote

All phone numbers & addresses for your Senators

CAPITOL SWITCHBOARD
    202-224-3121

2. Personally visit an office of your Senators that is in your area.

3. Keep track of what is happening to S. 2611 by visiting our Vote Day Action Center:

www.NumbersUSA.com

4 Make sure you've sent all your faxes from your Action Buffet corkboard:

NumbersUSA.com/actionbuffet
    donate now:
    This faxing system is 100% financed by the voluntary generosity of the 195,000-
    plus Americans who use it.

Please click here to make any sized donation to keep this grassroots phenomenon strong and effective.

P.S. I'm including some of the talking points I've sent earlier:

Ask these Senators to admit that they really have little idea of the cost to taxpayers, of the effect on American workers' wages, of the effect on the environment, of the effect on national security.

History -- and probably your state's voters -- will judge harshly Senators who adopt the largest and most expansive immigration policy ever without careful evaluation.

The most prudent policy for the country and for their own political careers would be to put off a vote on this bill until there are more answers, you can tell them.

Mention that the Department of Homeland Security section that would be in charge of ensuring that the bill was executed properly has just now gone public with the opinion that it has no idea how it could handle the bill quickly and without massive fraud protecting the nation's security.

Always start and end with the appeal to vote NO on S. 2611.

Make clear to these Senators that having no bill come out of the Senate will be cheered by citizens like you as SOMEthing really good.

No. 1. If your Senators vote YES on S. 2611, they will spend the rest of their careers explaining why they voted to:

reward 8-12 million illegal aliens with an amnesty allowing them to permanently take American jobs and become U.S. citizens

entice millions more foreign workers to illegally enter our communities, crowd the housing and schools, take the jobs and depress the wages because they reasonably can believe they eventually will be given an amnesty, too

double legal immigration from 1 million to 2 million a year, when our traditional annual immigration has been only 250,000 and when most Americans say legal immigration already is too high

give out permanent green cards to up to 66 million foreign workers and dependents over the next 20 years

No. 2: S. 2611 is not just a controversial bill. Rather, it would dramatically change most occupations and communities in America with the largest movement of foreign workers in world history.

No. 3: If they vote for S. 2611, you are part of a large network of the state's voters who will work diligently to make sure:

that the public will come to know them by the nickname of Senator Amnesty

that they will be derided at every appearance as an enemy of the working families and local communities of your state.

No. 4: Emphasize that it is not being obstructionist to vote AGAINST cloture on S. 2611 because:

they know as well as you that the bill has not truly been investigated as to its overall effects and the ability of the government to carry it out without massive fraud and social disruption.

It just doesn't make sense to have a vote on this bill at this time. No matter what deals they may think they've made, they owe it to themselves and the people of your state to vote AGAINST cloture, against allowing the bill to have a chance to be passed at this time.

IF A SENATOR HAS AN OFFICE IN YOUR CITY, GO THERE TODAY

While their phones are ringing off the hook, the staffers would feel even more under fire today if as many of you as possible personally enter their offices.

Print out Grade Cards and Profiles so you can hand them to staffers and talk about past actions. Talk about how much better their Grade Cards will be with a NO vote on the amnesty.

Print out these talking points to use if you need them.

Talk through the specifics of what S. 2611 will do. Most staffers will have no idea of how radical this bill is.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Roy says "urge (beg)"

I already know my 2 senators are a lost cause. Although I still call, write, fax, email I know my effort is wasted on these 2 idiots.

Besides I am way bast urging or begging. I moved on to demanding a while ago.

Jp-Frist is a traitor. He thought that by holding off his yes vote toward the end, no one would notice. I sure did!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Not only do I remeber but I will be a reminder. Thanks to my web skills thousands of others will rember as well come election day.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)