Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Wow....thanks for posting that info MyAmerica!!

I knew about the "zero tolerance" policy Mexico was adopting but I had no idea it was this involved:

"Facing the fact that the migratory reform 'failed' and the principal culprit is the 'U.S. Congress', the government of Mexico will impel a 'new strategy' of 'zero tolerance' of violations of the rights of our fellow Mexicans in the U.S. This will consist of an increase in the number of consuls—up to 50—and the budget, as well as adopting strong action—to force those who abuse the undocumented to 'pay the cost in court.' " [Cambiará México su estrategia para frenar abusos contra migrantes en EU, By Karina Avilés, January 8, 2008]

So this is Mexico’s “zero toleranceâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Most welcome azwreath!!

Is the reason I am so opposed to additional Mexican consuls.

Shouldn't the Justice Department be investigating this union under FARA, RICO, or something?
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The good news is that this does not appear to have intimidated the US at all, which, of course, I assume was the desired result. In fact, all it seems to have accomplished is a sharp increase in enforcement operations and on a large scale...as we just saw in Postville....in addition to the imprisonment of IAs who previously would have just been deported. We've also just recently found out about that special military unit specifically for the border, the fence is still going up and they've sped up the process plus reinforced it in certain areas. Money is not just being handed to Mexico upon their demand, and there are those in Congress now calling for hearings and investigations concerning Mexico.
    I am encouraged...but it is not so simple. With our three part system of government--the principle of checks and balances---if they fail at changing one part, such as the Congress, they can still try in the Courts. And they can also try in the Executive Branch. I am not quite ready to celebrate yet. Yesterday there was a post about a case going to trial in Benton Co. Arkansas testing the constitutionality of their stricter drivers' license law. I don't know where this case will go...if they succeeded I suppose there would be appeals, but it still could set a precedent. Hopefully the higher courts will respect the privilege of the government to make a determination whether a person has followed a legitimate course to obtain driving privileges. I say a "legitimate course" because there are international treaty standards, to which the US has agreed, that do allow foreigners to drive here. However, in most of the instances we are contemplating those standards are never adhered to. This should be the end of it, to my mind.

We can be sure that many lawsuits are on their way on other issues. And there will be meddling with policies established by the Executive Branch. Dig in for the long haul......
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Quote Originally Posted by MyAmerica
    Most welcome azwreath!!

Is the reason I am so opposed to additional Mexican consuls.

Shouldn't the Justice Department be investigating this union under FARA, RICO, or something?

Yes, I would imagine. And I do get frustrated when there looks like nothing is being done....as I'm sure everyone does.

But, whenever that creeps in on me, I always remind myself that there is always much going on behind the scenes which we don't know about and we won't know about it until action is taken and we are completely surprised by it.....just like what happened in Postville which no one, not even in their wildest dreams, saw coming.

This was a very long investigation into many different facets of wrong doing on the part of just more than the employer. I suspect that one of those facets may very well involve the activities of the union and in view of their considerable involvement with Agriprocessors and Postville, I just don't see how it could be otherwise. As I mentioned in a previous post, there has been a long history of unions being involved in racketeering and other blatant organized crime activities. To think that this has ever changed would be naive and the questionable actions of unions, in terms of illegals, have raised more than a few suspicions and even led to other unions, fighting to maintain the rights and jobs of Americans, demanding investigations by the federal government.

I don't think we should be surprised at all if we find out that there has already been much in the way of the union being investigated under RICO, etc. for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron

I am encouraged...but it is not so simple. With our three part system of government--the principle of checks and balances---if they fail at changing one part, such as the Congress, they can still try in the Courts. And they can also try in the Executive Branch. I am not quite ready to celebrate yet. Yesterday there was a post about a case going to trial in Benton Co. Arkansas testing the constitutionality of their stricter drivers' license law. I don't know where this case will go...if they succeeded I suppose there would be appeals, but it still could set a precedent. Hopefully the higher courts will respect the privilege of the government to make a determination whether a person has followed a legitimate course to obtain driving privileges. I say a "legitimate course" because there are international treaty standards, to which the US has agreed, that do allow foreigners to drive here. However, in most of the instances we are contemplating those standards are never adhered to. This should be the end of it, to my mind.

We can be sure that many lawsuits are on their way on other issues. And there will be meddling with policies established by the Executive Branch. Dig in for the long haul......

Oh, I agree that this is going to be a long, drawn out process CaptRon but like you, I'm encouraged. We certainly seem to be in much better stead than a year ago and there is definitely a turning of the tide....even in the most unlikely of places such as courts which have surprised us with rulings we never thought we would see.

What I see is a nation no longer being held hostage to political correctness, corruption, the intimidation tactics successfully used by ethnocentric groups for many years to silence the American people and even members of our own government, and the need to stay on friendly terms with Mexico. In fact, I think that at this point, Mexico is treading on thin ice where this country is concerned and would do well to watch their step.

I too am certain that there are going to be lawsuits flying left and right, but that also is going to only go so far. There is the ability to keep up to be considered. We have already heard judges state in no uncertain terms that they, and their courts, will not be utilized by law breakers and those who advocate them, to permit them to continue breaking the law. The raid in Postville, IMO, sent a very clear message as to the continued ability to interfere in our law enforcement and justice systems. Personally I was very impressed by how that was carried out. Clearly in a manner specifically designed to prevent the usual tactics intended to obstruct and throw a wrench into the works. This left both the illegals and their advocates shocked beyond all belief, the adovcates seething and infuriated that they were put in their place. It was a long time in coming.

So, let them sue or do whatever else they feel they must. At the end of the day, we still have the rule of law in our favor and, while we wait for the chance to celebrate in a big way, we'll all just be sitting here enjoying our small victories.

MANY OF THE UNION ORGANIZERS ARE ILLEGALS THEMSELVES.

ITS BS THAT AGRIPROCESSORS WAS BUSTING THE UNION BY CALLING ICE. THE WORKERS ARE ILLEGAL THEY JUST HAD TO TELL THEM TO GO....THEY ARENT SUPPOSE TO BE WORKING IN THE FIRST PLACE.

AND IF THE UNION WANTS TO ORGANIZE THE WORKERS THEY ARE BETTER OFF ORGANIZING THE NEW LEGAL WORKERS. UNION FOR ILLEGALS MEANS NOTHING BECAUSE THEY CANT DEFEND THEIR RIGHTS WITHOUT GETTING DEPORTED...IT MEANS NOTHING.

THERE WAS NO REASON FOR ICE TO WAIT AS THE EMPLOYER AND THE EMPLOYEES WERE ALL BREAKING THE LAW. THE UNION WAS ADVISING THE EMPOYEES, BUT THE EMPLOYEES WERE NOT UNION MEMBERS. WAS THE UNION PLANNING TO GET A CONTRACT WITH THE COMPANY BASED ON ILLEGAL WORKERS? THE WORKERS ARE USING FALSE ID. MOST OF THEM PROBABLY COULD NOT EVEN PROVE THAT THEY ACTUALLY WORKED THERE. THE EMPLOYER COULD JUST SAY THEY WERE NEVER THERE. SO IT MAKES NO SENSE THAT THE COMPANY CAUSED THE RAID.

I WILL TELL YOU WHAT.....MANY UNION ORGANIZERS ARE NOW ILLEGALS. THAT IS WHY MANY UNIONS ARE NOW TRYING TO SIDE WITH ILLEGALS. THE SAME THING HAPPENS WITHIN COMPANIES. AN ILLEGAL GETS A SUPERVISOR OR MANAGEMENT POSITION AND THE PROCEED TO HIRE ALL ILLEGALS.

ICE SHOULD ALSO BE INVESTIGATING THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY WORK FOR THE UNION...AND GUESS WHAT....THEY WILL FIND MANY TO BE ILLEGAL.

or·phan
    Function: noun
    Pronunciation: 'o r-f&n
    Etymology: Middle English, from Late Latin orphanus, from Greek orphanos; akin to Old High German erbi inheritance, Latin orbus orphaned
    1 : a child deprived by death of one or usually both parents

These kids aren't orphans. Nobody killed their parents, they were just arrested, like they should have been. "Orphan" just sounds more tramatic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12