Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

{Sob} Illegal Immigrants Pulled Over, Immigrants Speak Out

Truck Filled with Illegal Immigrants Pulled Over, Immigrants Speak Out

Updated: Aug 13, 2008 12:30 PM PDT

Truck filled with illegal immigrants pulled over, immigrants speak out

CORPUS CHRISTI-A Precinct 3 Constable got into a scuffle with a smuggling suspect Wednesday when he pulled over a truck filled with illegal immigrants.

Several people bailed out of the truck bed when it pulled into the parking lot of a convenience store in Driscoll.

The constable tried to grab the driver but he was able to get away after a brief struggle. At least five other people were able to also escape. There were seven other illegal immigrants from locations such as Mexico, El Salvador and Guatemala that were arrested and handed over to Border Patrol.

Highway 77 is a well-known smuggling route and similar arrests are very common.

KRIS 6 News visited with the illegal immigrants that were waiting in the parking lot for Border Control and the illegal immigrants explained why they are willing to risk prison to get into the United States.

Though they all came from different countries they all had a similar story. They said they were just looking for a chance to start a new life.

The illegal immigrants said they were hoping the white truck would carry them to a place of "freedom" far from their homes.

Since the constable caught them, they will not have freedom for a long time.

Cesar Eduardo of El Salvador said he wanted to join his family in America and escape the violence in El Salvador.

"Things are bad back home. You make 5 dollars a day, but how can you live on just five dollars? You can't," Eduardo said. "Here, things are different; you can make something of yourself. I was hoping to make a new start and pay back the money I owe."

Another illegal immigrant also from El Salvador, Jose Flores, served two years behind bars for crossing the border illegally in the past.

"It's a never-ending struggle for us to try and make a life for [ourselves] in an honorable way," Flores said. "I wish people's hearts in this country would soften toward us. We just want to better ourselves."

He added that his dreams are worth jail time, and the hours spent under the stifling black tarp on the bed of a truck.

"I consider myself legal. I think we are all legal. I haven't committed any crimes," Flores said. "Sure, go after the smugglers, the bad people who have committed murder, but we're just trying to make an honorable living and give our children a better future."

Border Patrol said the men caught are now in jail. The amount of time they will spend in jail will depend on their criminal history and how many times they've attempted to cross the border.

Online Reporter: Lauren Williamson

http://www.kristv.com/Global/story.asp? ... enu192_2_8
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

(((("It's a never-ending struggle for us to try and make a life for [ourselves] in an honorable way," Flores said. "I wish people's hearts in this country would soften toward us. We just want to better ourselves."

He added that his dreams are worth jail time, and the hours spent under the stifling black tarp on the bed of a truck.

"I consider myself legal. I think we are all legal. I haven't committed any crimes," Flores said. "Sure, go after the smugglers, the bad people who have committed murder, but we're just trying to make an honorable living and give our children a better future." ))))

You are illegal and your dreams are our nightmare. You want to better yourselves by stealing from the American people as you trash their neighborhoods and destroy everything in your path. No thank you, our hearts will never soften towards your blatant disregard for our laws and our citizens.

Well your going to have to give your kids a better future by fighting for it in your own country, because tearing ours apart and driving down the middle class in America is not going to help anybody....it is only dragging us down to your 3rd world country level.

Don't think I am not sorry because I am, but I really want my grandkids to have the American dream that my ancestors fought for.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Duplicate post. Locking post. See OP

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-127835-scuffle.html#top
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)