Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Almeida-Stein said an immigrant association she founded is meeting Saturday and "I'm going to propose to see if we can help," the family.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If she is so worried about the illegals why doesn't she move somewhere south of the border. I am a roofer and I am sickened by the illegal aliens in my industry and it seems like everybody always wants to feel sorry for them. What about all the Americans that these people have displaced from their jobs and businesses. Does Ms. Almeida-Stein have any compassion for them? Probably not, if she did her organization would be assisting them instead of criminals that do not belong here.

Hillman scheduled a Feb. 15 hearing in Superior Court in Boston for the government's motion for forfeiture of Tacuri's half-million dollar home at 21 Jefferson St., four Chevy vans and a Ford F-150 pickup upon his conviction. Prosecutors allege the property is all related to the charges.
    A half-million dollar home and how many autos? Takes alot of money to pay for those things. Did they pay taxes on any of that money? Did they collect any welfare for their anchor baby?

He should be sentenced then deported, after serving his sentence. His wife and child deported immediately. Their house and autos should now belong to the US taxpayers.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    First I would like to know what the family did with all the money this roofer must have made ? Yup I would guess they sent it back home.

I do however think it is unfair for him to be brought up on charges our Big Businesses are getting away with they ALL should be facing charges !! Not just the small business owners even if he is an IA.
    The small business owners are some of the worse offenders. This guy was illegal. He employed illegals. I doubt he paid workers comp. I doubt he was licensed or bonded. I doubt he paid taxes.

A small business like this puts larger businesses under pressure to do the same thing. This guy was a crook, not just illegal.

A half a million dollar home, 4 chevy vans and a Ford pick-up and no heat, water or electricity in the home. .....hmmmmmm Wonder where the cash is hidden. '
    That's easy. The cash is hidden back in Ecuador in that multi-million dollar mansion that is probably being constructed from the tax free money they have earned illegally while here in this country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

how come ICE didn't arrest the wife?

The arrogance of these illegal aliens....they show up despite their illegal alien status to a courtroom and have no fear of being arrested.....of course why would they? How did they even get into the courthouse building without showing some form of U.S. issued identification? Did it occur to the judge that the illegal alien spouse, Maria and the brothers of Tacuri should've been arrested in that courtroom too? Why didn't anyone call ICE to have them arrested as well?

"Mr. Tacuri, good luck to you, sir," Hillman said before Tacuri was cuffed and led out of the courtroom.

This doesn't sound like a "hanging Judge".

National spotlight on Milford illegal immigration case

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Danielle Ameden, Daily News staff
    GHS
    Sun Feb 10, 2008, 12:13 AM EST

MILFORD -
    Everywhere from Boston to "Mexifornia," the story of Milford's illegal immigrant roofer has become a hot topic, and reportedly, a reason for Ecuadoreans to run from town.

Daniel Tacuri's criminal case has everyone - cops, legislators, immigration activists - buzzing about the 38 charges against him for harboring and employing illegal immigrants at his Same Day Roofing business.

"He becomes a bit of a poster child for illegal immigration," Police Chief Thomas O'Loughlin said.

"This is a case of immigrants who were working to make ends meet who were exploited by an unscrupulous employer," said Ali Noorani, executive director of the Massachusetts Immigration and Refugee Advocacy Coalition. "I think it has been a stark reminder of how easily exploited immigrants are."

Tacuri, 32, was arrested on a criminal warrant, along with 14 other immigrants, during a December pre-dawn raid of his Jefferson Street home by Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents. He recently pleaded not guilty and is being held without bail at a Rhode Island prison.

Since the story hit, many in the Ecuadorean community here have picked up and left Milford, officials say.

"They are very scared," said Beatriz Almeida Stein, Boston's Ecuadorean Consulate, describing how illegal Ecuadoreans here realize the danger of being picked up is real now, "not a fantasy."

"I think the number of vans have diminished some," O'Loughlin said of the vehicles of the trade for many illegal immigrants. "I think there's a clear sense of caution on the part of people in the Ecuadorean community."

In court, Tacuri's lawyers have painted the picture of a hard-working man reaching for the American dream, a churchgoer and father who is respected in his community.

"He came here as a refugee ... as did many of our founding Americans who came to this land in 1620," said Attorney Jeff Ross of Boston's Ross & Associates. "He came here to flee persecution in Ecuador and he got entangled in a series of bad advice."

People across the country have been following Tacuri's story through Web sites and message boards including alipac.us (Americans for Legal Immigration), immigrationwatchdog.com and El Mundo Boston.

"This guy was a slime ball," said North Carolina's William Gheen, president of ALIPAC. The site has chronicled Tacuri's legal fight as told through the media.

Posters from places like Valencia, California; Joliet, Illinois; Florida and "Mexifornia" mocked the plight of Tacuri's illegal immigrant wife Maria and their 4-year-old son Jonathan, who with other tenants, were booted from their unheated home that had no electricity or hot water.

"I am a roofer and I am sickened by the illegal aliens in my industry and it seems like everybody always wants to feel sorry for them," one ALIPAC poster wrote. "What about all the Americans that these people have displaced from their jobs and businesses?"

State Rep. John Fernandes, D-Milford, praises ICE's work to arrest Tacuri and the other illegal immigrants.

He compares the case and its attraction of attention to last year's New Bedford factory raid, when ICE agents captured 361 illegal immigrants.

"High profile enforcement actions always send a message, and that was the good part that came out of the New Bedford raid and that will be the good part that comes out of the Milford raid," Fernandes said. "I'm pleased that the federal government is taking the initiative to seek to enforce the law."

What makes this case interesting, Gheen said, is that this kind of enforcement "should be so common - what's going on here with this story."

Between Tacuri and his brother, Luis, who has reportedly gone home to Ecuador, "they become the poster boys of what immigration in the United States is - it's an open door," O'Loughlin said.

"I find it very interesting that these two young guys established such a business and ran it where they made a lot of money, a lot of money."

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/news/x1319303165
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I wil tell you exactly how he made so much money roofing. He got a business insurance policy by claiming only one employee. In the construction industry roofing companies pay the highest premiums, in my state it is 31% of every 100 dollars. He then finds jobs and subs them out to his illegal employees and charges them a fee and deducts the 31% insurance coverage before he pays them. So, without ever having to get on a roof and work he stands a chance of making about 50% off every job he gets. I knew an employer in NC that did the same and that guy sometimes made 10 to 20 thousand a week without ever getting on a roof. So another charge should be leveled against this dirtball for insurance fraud.

"This guy was a slime ball," said North Carolina's William Gheen, president of ALIPAC. The site has chronicled Tacuri's legal fight as told through the media.

MW
    legalatina wrote:

The Ecudcadorian consulate has the ability to pay for plane tickets for the family to return to Ecuador and should be doing that. The Consulate should be helping the famiy prepare for their trip back to ECUADOR as soon as possible. This woman is so irresponsible ...she should've listed that house for sale, and packed up and gone back to Ecuador.
    I share your thoughts on this issue.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast