Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

These 1,200 are going to Arizona. How about the rest of the border?
    If they are in Arizona the illegal aliens will just cross somewhere else.
    New Mexico is already reporting a recent increase in smuggling.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You know that Obama just wants to use this to get support for amnesty -- which of course is still unacceptable.

And what type of authority will the National Guard have??
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    These 1,200 are going to Arizona. How about the rest of the border?
    If they are in Arizona the illegal aliens will just cross somewhere else.
    New Mexico is already reporting a recent increase in smuggling.
    I was just thinking the same thing. The news is good news, but will it be adequate in the overall picture of illegal entry? Texas and Cali need this also. And even if they get it, there are the shorelines....although the Coast Guard could at least fend off some of them. Maybe Coast Guard can add more people as well.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    You know that Obama just wants to use this to get support for amnesty -- which of course is still unacceptable.

And what type of authority will the National Guard have??
    Bingo...this is nothing but an illusion of "effort". It is woefully inadequate and he's just doing it to appease some in congress. 1200?? Gimme a f/n break! What about the rest of the border states? All the IA's will just scatter and cross somewhere else! Will the Nation Guard have guns??

My suspicious nature tells me that after the troops are deployed, Nappy will tell us the border is secure and we can proceed to amnesty. I'm wondering if these guardsmen (and women) will be armed or if they are merely administrative backup to free up border patrol agents.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay
    My suspicious nature tells me that after the troops are deployed, Nappy will tell us the border is secure and we can proceed to amnesty. I'm wondering if these guardsmen (and women) will be armed or if they are merely administrative backup to free up border patrol agents.
    Good point, wonder if they can use real fire power, remember last time they were there? The could not.

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay
    The answer to this is NO...NO AMNESTY. When it come to illegals, we dont know who they are. They use multiple ID's. The border is not secure until ALL ILLEGALS HAVE BEEN DEPORTED AND WE HAVE MILITARY ON THE ENTIRE BORDER. Anyone who want to enter after that needs a complete background check. One of the problems with amnesty is that if a person creates a fake identity and uses that for awhile.....how would we know? How do we know they are who they say they are? The country is not secure until every illegal is deported....every single one. We have to clean house and start fresh.

Obama’s border Kabuki: Don’t believe the hype
    By Michelle Malkin • May 25, 2010 03:34 PM

The most glaring sign that President Obama’s announcement of border funding and National Guard troops is one big, phony charade? He apparently didn’t even bother to let the governor of besieged Arizona, Gov. Jan Brewer, know about it. Via Yahoo News:

The Obama administration plans to announce Tuesday that it will send as many as 1,200 National Guard troops to the U.S.-Mexico border to improve border security, an Arizona congresswoman said.

Democratic Rep. Gabrielle Giffords also said in a statement released Tuesday that President Barack Obama will request $500 million in funding for border security.

Part of Giffords’ district borders Mexico.

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer’s spokesman said the governor hadn’t been told of the move prior to her office being contacted by The Associated Press and had no immediate comment.
    I called out the Bush administration and Republicans countless times when they used border security as a campaign ploy and performed Get Tough Theater only to flake out on systemic immigration enforcement reform — and then drop the shamnesty shoe.

This is no different. Both political parties in Washington reek on the issue.

The only thing worse than open-borders Obama exploiting our illegal immigration woes is open-borders Johnny-come-lately John McCain continuing to do the same.

Until politicians with proven integrity and commitment to securing this country against invasion step into the leadership vacuum, Arizona’s DIY policy on border security is the only trustworthy one:

Do It Yourself.
    http://michellemalkin.com/2010/05/25/ob ... -the-hype/

Interesting comments at the site.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Re: 1,200 National Guard troops to be deployed to border

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2

Tuesday afternoon, President Obama is expected to authorize the deployment of up to 1,200 National Guard troops to southwest border.
    So what about the rest of the border?
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

This reminds me of when Bush sent some Guard troops to the border, to try to drum up support of amnesty -- then later on quietly withdrew them.

Even McCain is criticizing this lackluster effort by Obama, saying Obama should have ordered 6000 to the border.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast