Quote Originally Posted by imblest View Post
What makes you think that I voted for ANYONE just because they had an R beside their name?! And yes, Democrats and Republicans in Washington are mostly 2 sides of the same coin. BUT, there is not a third party out there that the media will allow an equal, or anywhere close to equal, chance against the big 2. There are many republicans who are NOT happy with the way the party is being run, and I, as well as others, have been fighting the GOP establishment to try to bring it into line with the grassroots. We are making progress but it is slow going. Personally, I pray the Dems don't get control of the House because we can kiss America good-bye if that happens! We really need term limits and tough laws and limits against the lobbying $$$ that sways so many. And why does the GOP need to be dealt a "hard blow" and not the Dems? There are GOP Congress members out there fighting for what is right, not a lot of them to be sure, but we're getting there. Just a few more votes and Justin Amash's amendment to stop the Govt from collecting all our data would have passed!
Frankly, I do not trust any politician, even those you believe are "fighting for what is right". Just look at Rubio, the poster child of the Tea Party just a year ago. They'll all eventually turn on you if it's in their best interest to do so. Sorry but if they willingly decided to associate themselves with the Republican party, they're complicit in the current downfall of this country, no excuses. Now if they decided to split from the R party and form a third party, they'd immediately get my attention and see them in a different light. At the current pace, how long will it take to clean out the GOP, 10 years? 20? 30? When do we learn to stop being naive?

And of course, if both parties could implode and every single one of those Senators and Representatives in D.C. replaced, I would welcome it in a heartbeat. But I'm gunning at the party that seems to have a large unhappy group voters at the moment and thus most vulnerable. The media will not be able to ignore a third party rising out of the ashes of the GOP or if suddenly a large portion of the GOP base jumped ship and registered under the third party, there is just no way.