Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by keekee
    Yes, Sarum, that food pantry is question is linked to the local men's mission house. The person running it calls himself "Pastor" although I don't know if he is ordained or not. You are only allowed one trip per month to each food pantry. This particular pantry claims they need all this ID, and YES your social security number, because there are several "women" running around town trying to scam the system.
    Yes "trying to scam the system" OMG! A bag of food will only keep a family for part of a day. If the family is small maybe 2 days. 1 bag of food 1X per month does not feed a family! Of course they are running around town hitting up all churches/food banks. That is not a scam - that is starvation! I can't believe they would call hungry people "scamming the system."

I would prefer to choose my own food rather than take stale leftovers that are not even matched properly to make 1 recognizable meal. I have had to rely on these places before due to becoming disabled. Some give food not just past it's date but downright dangerous. The criteria is insane - you could die of starvation before you qualify for any help.

The giving entity has to report to the federal government exactly what they gave and to whom they gave it to. That is why they want your social security number. To me that is the mark of the beast. Just like a government employee - the churches should no longer have any say in politics because they lost their standing by not remaining independent of government - they lost their moral authority - or rather, were forced to trade it in order to stay in business and they rationalized that it was for the greater good.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    Only fair. The food was only for the anchor babies not everyone in the family.
    Yes and no. I have a gripe against our welfare system as it stands. The adult who falls on hard times, due to illness or outsourcing or downsizing or whatever - this person will find that during good times the government will help their kids but the parent(s) is not given any food or healthcare or anything like that. It is as if the parent is a criminal for having lost their job and is being punished for not being a good member of society with no acknowledgement that it was forces beyond his or her control. Likewise with the children of illegals - if you accept them you must accept the parents also.

Anything else means that the government will take care of your children while you can die and that is too soviet for me.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12