Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

2 children rescued in ransom attempt

2 children rescued in ransom attempt

2 suspects held in smuggling case

By Onell R. Soto
    STAFF WRITER

August 5, 2008

After U.S. Border Patrol agents twice stopped their efforts to enter the country illegally south of Imperial Beach, a Mexican couple decided to just go back home.

But their young children were already across the border, and the smugglers who had taken them there were asking for $7,000 to get them back.

When the parents said they couldn't come up with the money, a smuggler told them “there were others that would,â€

AE

The Mexican couple told agents they agreed to pay Tijuana smugglers $2,500 per adult and $1,600 per child to get to the United States. They said they expected the entire family would be brought through the San Ysidro border crossing.
    Now this amounts to: $8,200.00. So, if these people either had this ahead of time, why did they just not stay in Mexico to use this to better their lives there? If they expected to earn this in the U.S., then this could explain why these people use so many social services, they are broke from paying off their extortion fee's to the coyotes/smugglers for some time. Either way, they best be smart and not try this again.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

The Mexican couple told agents they agreed to pay Tijuana smugglers $2,500 per adult and $1,600 per child to get to the United States. They said they expected the entire family would be brought through the San Ysidro border crossing.
    Where do these so called "POOR" mexicans get their hands on $8200?!?!?! These two are 21 and 22, I didn't have that kind of money at that age! Seems to me if they were able to save up that kind of money, they had jobs in Mexico. Guess they didn't like working hard to earn money. They'd rather sneak in here for easy jobs and all the gimme gimmies they could get?

I'm glad they got their kids back and I hope they're all back home in mexico!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Where do these so called "POOR" mexicans get their hands on $8200?!?!?! These two are 21 and 22, I didn't have that kind of money at that age! Seems to me if they were able to save up that kind of money, they had jobs in Mexico. Guess they didn't like working hard to earn money. They'd rather sneak in here for easy jobs and all the gimme gimmies they could get?

I'm glad they got their kids back and I hope they're all back home in mexico!
    More likely than not, they get their thousands of $$$ from kinfolk already in the US illegally, working American jobs illegally, using fake or stolen American identities illegally.

AE

As well, what makes matters worse in these cases is that some of the smugglers will allow these people to pay after they get jobs here. This is a double whammy to our society as not only are these people here, illegally, and likely with illegally obtained ID's, but then they are constant crime vicitms and are paying off the criminals for a long period of time, and if some little thing goes awry, these people can become victims of violent crimes for that same money they owed (and maybe were unable to pay off).

There was a story about 4 years ago in our paper, about a drug bust. This man caught selling drugs was an illegal alien from Guatemala, and was being housed in one apartment with a handful of others by a drug dealer, and/or cartel. This group of people owed this drug smuggler/cartel money for getting here and their repayment was coming from the drug sales they made.

When caught, this man would not give up any information as he did say his family in Guatemala would get hurt if he did (also very likely MS 13 gangs). He was charged and deported.

Being smuggled in, this is what it brings to our society. Illegal aliens who are likely perpetual crime victims and that crime seeps into our own neighborhoods, dragging them down.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€