http://www.thenewamerican.com/artman/pu ... 2148.shtml

20 Years of TRUTH!
by Gary Benoit
September 19, 2005

Celebrating THE NEW AMERICAN'S 20th anniversary, the editor of the magazine, who has been involved since its inception, recounts notable events, achievements, and efforts.

Gary Benoit is the editor of THE NEW AMERICAN. He has been associated with the magazine since day one and has been editor for most of its existence.

“A friend of mine showed the April 15th (abortion) issue of THE NEW AMERICAN to three friends at school, all pregnant, all considering abortions,� a subscriber in Oregon informed us in May of 1996. “All three changed their minds after reading this issue.� I have never forgotten the excitement I experienced when I read those words nearly a decade ago. At least three pre-born babies who could have been killed were rescued from the abortion holocaust as a result of this magazine’s publishing efforts and a subscriber who cared enough to place the magazine into the hands of a friend.

How many other expectant mothers contemplating abortion decided otherwise after reading that issue of TNA, I wondered. Of course, there was no way of knowing. But holding that letter in my hands, I felt a great surge of pride in being editor of a magazine that can make such a positive difference in people’s lives. That feeling of pride has never left me.

[b]Inside Look[/]

This month marks the 20th anniversary of THE NEW AMERICAN magazine, and this issue of the magazine is the 534th that we’ve published. Unlike the previous 533 issues, we are using the occasion of our 20th anniversary to do something a little different with several of the articles herein â€â€