Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AricleIV, did you read the aticle I put in the comments section from CNN? After reading that, I would doubt they are all legal citizens.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This ought to clear up any doubt that some of those gang members are illegal aliens.

(CNN) -- These are some of the facts from tonight's broadcast that you might find interesting.

ICE (U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement) conducted a threat assessment survey of all field offices:

"The results of the assessment showed that most major metropolitan areas were experiencing a surge in gang activity. Additionally, the survey showed that membership of these violent transnational gangs was comprised largely of foreign-born nationals."

Source: ICE "Operation Community Shield" Fact Sheet June 6, 2007

• Gang members in the United States: 800,000
    • State and local police in the United States: 708,000

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/05/dobbs. ... index.html
    I'm not disagreeing with CNN's report from ICE. And I am not disagreeing with your thoughts on the legal status of the perps in the Chicago shootings. However, the CNN article does not make mention of the recent shootings in Chicago and one can not assume that every gang related incident is from an illegal. Chi-town has some bad gangs and it looks like most of these shootings are in the South Side. My guess is that this has to do with turf wars between gangs and am interested to see which ones they are. I doubt that they are gangs with foreign born members, but I could be wrong. The location tells me that these are home grown thugsters.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

Well, according to the first article I put in at the top, these killings were all over the city, and it specifically mentions the West side. Are you saying the majority of the killings were on the south side? I don't want to post any misinformation, but my feeling is that when this all comes out, there will be illegal aliens involved. After all, we are talking about a sanctuary city here.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Well, according to the first article I put in at the top, these killings were all over the city, and it specifically mentions the West side. Are you saying the majority of the killings were on the south side? I don't want to post any misinformation, but my feeling is that when this all comes out, there will be illegal aliens involved. After all, we are talking about a sanctuary city here.
    I'm sitting back and waiting for the information to come out myself. I ran some search engines to find something and even looked over some message boards in hopes I could find something..but zilch. I do not want to assume anything yet. I saw the Oak Lawn address, but I was under the impression that most of these happened on the South Side. If these are on the North Side then I would feel just the opposite.

I did see the Most Wanted Gang Members list for the Chicago area. Most of those people on the list were foreign born. Keep us posted.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

Yeah, I went looking for updates, too. They have one guy in custody but haven't released the name yet.

36 people shot, 9 die, during weekend in Chicago

updated 10:21 p.m. EDT, Mon April 21, 2008

36 people shot, 9 die, during weekend in Chicago

Story Highlights
    Police superintendent blames excess of guns, gangs for rash of violence

Shootings scattered across city; included drive-bys, hit on plumbing supply store

Authorities haven't said whether shootings are thought to be related

Police Department: City's March murder rate down about 1 percent from March 2007

CHICAGO, Illinois (AP) -- An outburst of gunfire rattled the city during the weekend, with at least nine people killed in 36 separate acts of violence.

Police respond to one of the numerous shootings over the weekend in Chicago.

The shootings were reported from Friday until Monday morning, police spokeswoman Monique Bond said.

They included gang shootings, drive-by attacks, and even one case in which someone used an AK-47 to shoot up a plumbing supply store.

Authorities did not immediately say whether any of the shootings were thought to be related.

Police Superintendent Jody Weis blamed an excess of guns and gangs.

"There are just too many weapons here," Weis said Sunday. "Too many guns, too many gangs."

During the same weekend last year, there were 19 shootings in Chicago, including four homicides, and 21 shootings were reported during the same weekend in 2006, police statistics show. Watch police say number of shootings not so unusual »

New police data released Saturday showed Chicago's murder rate for March was down about 1 percent from March 2007

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04/21/chi ... pstoryview
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Chi-town has some bad gangs and it looks like most of these shootings are in the South Side. My guess is that this has to do with turf wars between gangs and am interested to see which ones they are. I doubt that they are gangs with foreign born members, but I could be wrong. The location tells me that these are home grown thugsters.
    South side has an increasing Latino presence and even though Chicago is notorious for their home-grown gangs.......trust me...many are illegal or anchor babies with illegal parents. I live in a town where blacks have always had a large number and gangs as well. What used to be predominantly black neighborhoods are now Latino and blacks have moved into what was largly white neighborhoods. Ya...there's turf wars but many times it's black vs latinos fighting for their home turf. Sometimes literally just their homes because I'm sorry.....been run out of too many places to not see that Latinos, once many get into an area, run people out of their homes to take over a neighborhood. They are doing it in predominantly white neighborhoods as well. Just had Latin gang symbols spray painted in one of our nice new schools, playground, and McMansion subdivision. Many of these young gang members are anchor babies or are living with legal citizens.....either way, it's running long time residents out of their homes and towns. No matter what color they are. Signs are no longer in English and in no time it's clear it's not an American community.....it's Latino only.

Whites usually just do everything they can to move away.....except we're seeing more and more elderly being terriorised in their homes because they don't have the ability to move away....many in my own neighborhood can't sell for a decent price so they hand over the home to a rental agent in order to get out and away from the increasing crime and problems. Which they rent to Latinos 99 x's out of 100.....

I remember growing up here and the crime and problems were miles away....I'm just a few blocks from the heart of it now.

Legal, illegal, I don't care.....all I know is it's not white, middle-eastern, asian etc. kids out there shooting people up......it's black and latino gangs and it's getting worse and more violent with each passing day....and younger and younger kids doing it.

I just know decent people of all colors are leaving by droves because they can't live like this. Chicago and so many other "sanctuary" cities in this area are fueling this growth because it's spreading. Even if you have a decent family of any race, there's only so far away the parents can move and still keep their job.....without totally up-rooting their family and hopefully finding some peace somewhere else. And as we have seen.....that doesn't seem to be in too many places anymore.....and no guarentee how long that peace will last. Heck....they reported many "gang" leaders are moving out where I am because they can't "live" in Chicago either. They have had major drug busts in some of our niceest and wealthiest areas for ingrown pot houses that have direct Mexican cartel connections. They aren't shooting the neighborhood up yet but the crime is still there.

Sorry if I offended anyone but many of these gang problems are directly related to race and many of these members are illegal.....and "whites" aren't why. They have some serious issues in their own community to deal with and it's something they are going to have to deal with because no-one else can do it for them.

Well, it seems to be the pattern, that as more illegal aliens move into our country, more American families are being displaced. Soon, there will no place to go to get away from it. And, I guess, that's their intention, to take over our country a little at a time. Our government needs to get a handle on this soon, before too late to correct this problem.

I'm suppose to go to Chicago in July. Calling airlines now to cancel my flight.....
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

I'm suppose to go to Chicago in July. Calling airlines now to cancel my flight.....
    The Olympic committee would be insane to consider this place a hopeful spot like Daley wants.

Got tickets to see Ringo in July and already scared about that venture.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast