Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

35 U.S. public officials attend conference in Mexico

http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/article ... 0f05df.txt

Rixner to attend Mexico City conference
    By Lynn Zerschling Journal staff writer

Sioux City Councilman Jim Rixner will be one of 35 public officials from the United States invited to attend a conference in Mexico City to foster improvements for Mexican nationals living in this country.

Rixner leaves Monday for the four-day conference sponsored by the Institute for Mexicans Living Abroad (IME), an agency affiliated with the Mexican government. Rixner will be the only public official from the Hawkeye state attending.

"I am excited about going," Rixner said Friday. "All expenses will be paid for by the association."

The IME and the Mexican Consular Network in the United States are hosting the meetings as a way to establish closer relationships with U.S. city and county elected leaders and state legislators.

"It is aimed at fostering understanding and goodwill between governments. I am hoping to learn a great deal," Rixner said. "It is an opportunity for us as a city to further understand the people living here from Mexico. Our Latino population continues to expand. I think in the school district approximately 25 percent of their enrollment are Hispanic."

He noted that many Latinos have family members still living in their home countries.

The IME's conference objectives include:

-- Establishing and reinforcing a closer relationship with U.S. public officials and legislators.

-- Disseminating information concerning Mexican public policies and how they pertain to Mexicans living in the United States.

-- Investing opportunities that can improve the living standards of the hometowns of Mexicans living in this country.

When he was elected to the City Council last November, Rixner said one of his priorities was and remains to encourage neighborhood growth.

"Many Hispanics live in those neighborhoods," he noted.

Rixner, who does not speak Spanish, said the meetings will be conducted in English. In reviewing the conference attendee list, he noted that most of the Americans have Hispanic surnames. This is his first trip to Mexico City, a cosmopolitan area of more than 18 million people.

Mayor Craig Berenstein said Norma DeLaO, director of the New Iowan Center in Sioux City, contacted him to find out if he was interested in participating in the conference.

"Norma said the association wanted someone from either Sioux City or Marshalltown to attend," Berenstein said. "I couldn't go and Councilman Rixner said he would like to participate on our behalf."

In preparation for the conference, Rixner said he hopes to meet today with the Mexican consular officer from Omaha who will be at Western Iowa Tech Community College in Sioux City.

He emphasized that he will pick up any expenses that are not covered by the IME.

Lynn Zerschling may be reached at (712) 293-4202 or lynnzerschling@siouxcityjournal.com
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

When he was elected to the City Council last November, Rixner said one of his priorities was and remains to encourage neighborhood growth.

"Many Hispanics live in those neighborhoods," he noted.
    Adding that "my job is to serve the needs of one special group, the illegal aliens from Mexico, and not some lame idea about treating all people equally under the law. It is my duty to cater to the illegals and do whatever they wish, after all they are the true masters of America, not the lazy Americans who vote and pay taxes, they are merely the ones who foot the bills for the illegals, it's not like they are my real constituents or anything", he said.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

Vmama,

The IME and the Mexican Consular Network in the United States are hosting the meetings as a way to establish closer relationships with U.S. city and county elected leaders and state legislators.
    It sounds so innocuous, doesn't it?

Brainwashing time.

I'm sure that the info in the 3 articles below, will NOT be given to the US attendees. Any way for us to email them?

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&p=185705
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

OK,

Just emailed the author. Let's see if she has the courage to report, honestly on the illegal immigration issue.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

He noted that many Latinos have family members still living in their home countries.
    BOO FREAKING HOO. Soon your illegal loved ones will be deported back so you can all be one happy family OUTSIDE the US.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Lets see, free trip to Mexico, probably in a 5 star all inclusive resort. Is this influence peddleing or what?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Rixner will be the only public official from the Hawkeye state attending.
    Yeah, hopefully the rest of them have better sense.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ccouncil@sioux-city.org

If anyone is interested.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee