Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

4 convicted under Alabama's new immigration law, held for im

4 convicted under Alabama's new immigration law, held for immigration

WHNT NEWS 19
    By Associated Press
    7:53 a.m. CDT, October 11, 2011

DECATUR, Ala. (AP) — Authorities in Decatur say four people have been convicted of misdemeanor offenses for violating Alabama's new law on illegal immigration.

The Decatur Daily reports (http://bit.ly/njed6u ) that the four pleaded guilty Monday in city court to failing to have the proper registration documents. Each agreed to pay $300 in fines and court costs, and a judge sentenced them to suspended 30-day jail terms and probation.

Authorities are now holding all four for federal immigration officials.

Police Sgt. John Crouch says the four people were taken into custody during a pair of traffic stops late Sunday and early Monday in Decatur. It's unclear how long they'll remain in the city jail.

http://tinyurl.com/4y2ab7k
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Now if only ICE will do the job they are supposed to do and NOT what Obozo instructed them to do!

Four down and 40 million to go.
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

Crackdown on illegals begins here; 4 arrested

Crackdown on illegals begins here; 4 arrested
    Hispanics detained in traffic stop by Decatur police plead guilty, face deportation

decaturdaily.com
    By Seth Burkett
    10/11/11

Four people charged during the weekend under Alabama’s new immigration law pleaded guilty Monday in Decatur Municipal Court.

The four would have been released after pleading to willful failure to procure alien registration documents, a Class C misdemeanor under Section 10 of the law, but Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials had placed holds on them earlier Monday.

Each agreed to a fine of $100, $196 in court costs, and a 30-day suspended sentence with 12 months of probation.

It was unclear whether anyone at the arraignment was aware ICE had already placed detainers on the defendants.

“I wasn’t aware of an ICE hold. I had no idea if they were going to be detained by ICE at the time,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by TakingBackSoCal
    Four down and 40 million to go.
    very true!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Not exactly a Law & Order Judge.