Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April
    Yes, all the more reason for him to start caring.......oh thats right there is that stubborn factor.

Banned
    One of the comments on Lou Dobbs tonight stated that Bush wants to be pardoned for his errors and incompetence (e.g., Iraq), but he refuses to pardon our border patrol agents. Doesn't this just say it all about who this man is? HE'S A FRAUD!!!!!!

Coast-to-coast rallies this weekend in support of two former Border Patrol agents, Jose Compean and Ignacio Ramos. The two agents were convicted of shooting a Mexican drug smuggler as he fled to the border. The smuggler was given immunity by the Justice Department for his testimony against the agents.

Compean and Ramos tonight are facing their last hours, perhaps, as free men.

Casey Wian has their story.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

UNIDENTIFIED CROWD (SINGING): God bless America...

CASEY WIAN, CNN CORRESPONDENT (voice over): Hundreds of Americans rallied in cities across the country over the weekend in support of former Border Patrol agents Jose Compean and Ignacio Ramos.

STEVE EICHLER, MINUTEMAN PROJECT: Ladies and Gentlemen, we have come here to notify Capitol Hill that we're not going to take it anymore!

WIAN: Ramos and Compean were convicted of shooting and wounding an illegal alien drug smuggler and sentenced to 11 and 12 years in prison. In Los Angeles, the father of deputy David March, who was killed by an illegal alien, joined the protest.

JOHN MARCH, FATHER OF SLAIN DEPUTY: If we let this happen to Ramos and Compean, every one of the Border Patrol agents is going to be afraid, afraid to pull their weapon.

WIAN: Ramos' father-in-law choked back tears knowing the agents are scheduled to report to prison Wednesday.

JOE LOYA, FATHER-IN-LAW OF IGNACIO RAMOS: These border patrolmen fired in self-defense.

WIAN: In Phoenix, supporters demanded a presidential pardon.

UNIDENTIFIED CROWD: Full pardon now! Full pardon now!

WIAN: And former agent Ramos joined a motorcycle rally.

IGNACIO RAMOS, FMR. BORDER PATROL AGENT: If next week comes and we don't hear anything, and Wednesday, you know, I have to surrender myself, I just have to believe that it's for a little while. I mean, this fight's not over WIAN: The agents await a federal judge's ruling on their request to remain free while their convictions are appealed. And they're hoping for a pardon. Despite the fact that President Bush pardoned five drug dealers last month, the latest word from the White House is not encouraging.

TONY SNOW, WHITE HOUSE PRESS SECRETARY: You know, at the time this happened, they did not know if he was an illegal. They did not know that there were 700 pounds of marijuana. They didn't know any of those things.

WIAN: In fact, the agents did know the smuggler's vehicle activated a sensor near the border at a well-known drug trafficking crossing point. And they did know the smuggler refused to stop when they tried to pull him own over and instead fled back toward Mexico.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

WIAN: The smuggler, of course, was given immunity from prosecution and brought to the United States to testify against agents Ramos and Compean. The smuggler's a free man with a $5 million lawsuit pending against the U.S. government. And the agents less than 48 hours away from prison, possibly -- Lou.

DOBBS: Casey, thank you very much.

Casey Wian, from Los Angeles.

And if you would like to voice your opinion about the way in which agents Ramos and Compean have been treated, you can e-mail the White House directly at comments@whitehouse.gov, or the U.S. attorney general, askdoj@usdoj.gov.

If you prefer to call, you can reach the White House at 202-456- 1111. The attorney general's office number is 202-514-2001.

All of this information and the direct route for your comments and suggestions to our government can always be located at our Web site. And it's a very easy process, loudobbs.com.

April
    I must say that does say it all...

A good one I heard from viewer mail was the viewer stated that she thought it was supposed to be WE THE PEOPLE instead of ME THE PRESIDENT!

you mean this letter

And Beverly in New York: "Dear Lou, I think I missed it... When did 'We, the people' become 'Me, the president'? Perhaps we should all be pondering this."

i also like these two

Jim in Massachusetts: "State and local police having to arrest illegal aliens is just another example of the federal government NOT doing their job. The states should band together and slap the federal government with a class action lawsuit for not doing their job."

Don in North Carolina: "Lou, remember the Boston Tea Party -- taxation without representation? Now representation without taxation (for illegal aliens, of course)."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12