Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

48 immigrants charged after sweep at Bragg

http://www.fayettevillenc.com/article?id=238025

Published on Friday, July 21, 2006

48 immigrants charged after sweep at Bragg

A staff report

All but ten of the 58 people detained trying to enter Fort Bragg this week with false IDs were charged Thursday with illegal entry into the United States, according to the U.S. Attorney’s office in Raleigh.

The immigrants were detained during a security sweep conducted by federal agents between 6 and 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Fort Bragg’s Knox Street and Randolph Street gates.

The agents targeted construction workers during the sweep. Forty-two of the people charged Thursday pleaded guilty; they will be deported. Six cases were continued to Aug. 6.

A Fort Bragg spokesman said Wednesday that nine contractors were being investigated for hiring the illegal workers.

Debra Johnson, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Raleigh, said Thursday that she could not confirm or deny that any investigations were under way.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Why were the other 10 released? It was my understanding each of the 58 originally picked up were illegal immigrants. I bet it was because those 10 have been here for over 3 years, anyone want the bet?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I hope that is not the case, MW.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

were charged Thursday with illegal entry into the United States, according to the U.S. Attorney’s office in Raleigh.
    That sounds so serious. I do not see how these people can do something like entering a country illegally without blinking an eye.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)