Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Martha wrote:

I'm with you 100%. Sent my request this a.m. Thanks for the link.
    Thanks, Martha. I hope others will join us in sending this story to Lou Dobbs.

Come on folks, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. For good measure, here's the Lou Dobbs contact link again:

http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5.html?9

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I own a trucking company in Houston, Texas. This is ridiculous. We are held by such strict and painfully expensive laws in this state; not to mention Federal laws as well. We will not be able to compete with the sorry run down trucks that the Mexican's will bring over here when the Customers want the cheapest price possible.

I will be watching this thing closely and taking this fight to anyone supporting it.

I just sent an email to Lou Dobbs.

Quote Originally Posted by had_enuf
    Quote Originally Posted by Firemaneric
    The driver, who was a participant in the Free and Secure Trade program, was arrested, the release said. The FAST program is designed to give registered travelers bringing imports into the country expedited processing.
    The driver’s membership was revoked and the marijuana and the tractor trailer were seized, according to the news release.
    A ton of mj and the driver was released. How sad is this?
    Press Release.

It was a press release by U.S. Customs and Border inspection.

The driver was arrested, full-stop.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Quote Originally Posted by Lendo
    I own a trucking company in Houston, Texas. This is ridiculous. We are held by such strict and painfully expensive laws in this state; not to mention Federal laws as well. We will not be able to compete with the sorry run down trucks that the Mexican's will bring over here when the Customers want the cheapest price possible.

I will be watching this thing closely and taking this fight to anyone supporting it.
    Lendo, how come the unions aren't fighting this. Truckers were going to surround the White House in protest, but I never heard anything past that. I don't think it happened. What do you hear?
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. - George Bernard Shaw

MW
    Shapka wrote:

Yeah, but the question is how many trucks won't be thoroughly checked in the future when, and if, the program grows sturdy legs? Does anyone doubt that many of these trucks will eventually get a wink and nod while going through border check points? With the long lines of vehicles waiting to cross the border, I just can't believe U.S. Custom Inspectors are going to thoroughly search every truck, especially when hundreds are crossing each day.

This incident will probably be a lessons learned training excercise for the drug cartels and independent drug smugglers. It will only be a matter of time before they learn how to better smuggle their drugs through the border crossings on the big rigs.

I'm still trying to figure out how the marijuana was found by an x-ray machine. Personally, I think this catch was an exception, not the rule.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Shapka
    Quote Originally Posted by had_enuf
    Quote Originally Posted by Firemaneric
    The driver, who was a participant in the Free and Secure Trade program, was arrested, the release said. The FAST program is designed to give registered travelers bringing imports into the country expedited processing.
    The driver’s membership was revoked and the marijuana and the tractor trailer were seized, according to the news release.
    A ton of mj and the driver was released. How sad is this?
    Press Release.

It was a press release by U.S. Customs and Border inspection.

sorry, you're right but for how long? He's probably out by now. Remember Osvaldo Aldrete-Davila and the sweet deal he had with Sutton?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well here's another one they caught. I'm with you MW, how many don't they catch?

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-91331-calexico.html

U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers at the Calexico, Calif. east commercial facility detained a Mexican truck driver after they discovered 8.85 tons of marijuana commingled with a shipment of television screens at the port Friday afternoon, Port Director Billy Whitford said today.

The 25-year-old driver, a resident of Mexicali, was registered in the Free and Secure Trade program and was driving a 1992 GMC tractor-trailer with a shipment manifested as flat screen televisions.

Inspection of the truck through a non-intrusive gamma-ray system later revealed images with anomalies within the shipment. Upon opening the doors, several large packages fell out of the trailer.

Regarded as the largest marijuana load ever for the Calexico port of entry, officers discovered 1,019 large packages of marijuana for a total of 17,701.07 pounds, valued at about $67,264,000.

The tractor-trailer and marijuana were seized by CBP and the driver was taken into custody by Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents and booked into Imperial County jail to await arraignment. ICE investigation is continuing.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A. Marijuana
    B. Remitances from emigrants
    C. Oil
    D. All of the above

Guess which is the correct answer to the question, "What does Mexico rely on to prop up its feudal economy?"
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

MW
    had_enuf posted:

U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers at the Calexico, Calif. east commercial facility detained a Mexican truck driver after they discovered 8.85 tons of marijuana commingled with a shipment of television screens at the port Friday afternoon, Port Director Billy Whitford said today.

The 25-year-old driver, a resident of Mexicali, was registered in the Free and Secure Trade program and was driving a 1992 GMC tractor-trailer with a shipment manifested as flat screen televisions.

Inspection of the truck through a non-intrusive gamma-ray system later revealed images with anomalies within the shipment. Upon opening the doors, several large packages fell out of the trailer.

Regarded as the largest marijuana load ever for the Calexico port of entry, officers discovered 1,019 large packages of marijuana for a total of 17,701.07 pounds, valued at about $67,264,000.

The tractor-trailer and marijuana were seized by CBP and the driver was taken into custody by Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents and booked into Imperial County jail to await arraignment. ICE investigation is continuing.
    Wow, that's two separate trucks that were registered in the Free and Secure Trade program that have been busted.

Guess I'll send this one, with my own additional comments, to Lou Dobbs also (please join me folks):

http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5.html?9

I'd certainly like to see this aired on the Lou Dobbs show tonight!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12