Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by tencz57
    Our Nation now sucks a big one . Face Reality , They telling you nothing is going to be done for Citizens . This is a decision by Corporate American for their cheap labor and free flow of illegal drugs . This is pure Corruption all the way to the top. Nothing legal bout this ruling
    I'm mad , I'm GD mad
    Dubya , his "Cartel" . obama-snob and McAmnesty !! What a joke . Their killing us
    That's why our soldiers need to come home now...Our nation sucks and our soldiers are wasting their time and their lives for our now corrupt government! With open borders and a corrupt government, why fight in Iraq!

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    This is very sad news and LOU DOBBS is going to be PISSED!!!

can this go to the supreme court? after Bush is out of office!
    The word is that more appeals will be filed and if upheld, the supreme court will be petitioned.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[b]This is beyond terrifying! These Border Agents are Political Prisoners pure and simple. I would love to have my vote “forâ€

THIS IS TERRIBLE. I HEARD ABOUT IT EARLIER TODAY AND I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST A RUMOR. I COULD NOT BELEIVE IT!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    not only is Lou going to be mad, so is beck, hannity, OReilly, ingraham
    Pat and edd in houston, rick roberts, roger hedgecock in san diego, John and Ken, Kevin James in LA.
    And Terry Anderson!! He's going to blow a gasket!

www.patgray.com

check out the blog entry fortoday.
    Hes talking about this will be major discussion on his show tomorrow.
    Pat and Edd show airs from 6-9 AM CENTRAL on Ksev, houston
    or go to the link above and on the right, click the speaker where it says listen live

John and Ken were talking about this today. Had Monica Ramos on which was heartbreaking to heart. She said they had their hopes up but now will have to sell their house, need the money. She dreads having to tell her children but her husband said they both can tell them when they come for a visit.
    So if anyone wants to help Ramos and Compean John and Ken said they would have a link on their website so here it is.
    http://www.johnandkenshow.com/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    IMO, it's irresponsible to accuse the Bush administration of directly influencing the courts decision. I too feel Ramo and Compean should be set free. However, I'm not going to blame Bush for everything everyone does in this country. Our problems in this country go much deeper than Bush and he shouldn't be scapegoated for every little thing that goes wrong. By the way, this is coming from someone that absolutely despises the man!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Posted on Tue, Jul. 29, 2008
    Appeals court affirms sentences for two border patrol agents
    By DAVE MONTGOMERYdmontgomery@star-telegram.com

WASHINGTON — A federal appeals court upheld lengthy prison sentences Monday for two Border Patrol agents convicted of shooting a Mexican drug smuggler, prompting renewed appeals from their supporters for leniency from the White House.

Agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Alonso Compean have been imprisoned for more than a year.

They were convicted in a Feb. 17, 2005, shooting involving Osvaldo Aldrete-Davila, who was trying to flee back into Mexico after abandoning a van containing 743 pounds of marijuana near Fabens.

A three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit upheld most of the counts returned by a federal jury in El Paso.

Ramos was sentenced to 11 years in prison, Compean to 12.

The appeals court tossed out a conviction for tampering with an official proceeding.

"For the most part, the trial of this case was about credibility, and although the jury could have gone either way, it chose not to believe the defendants’ version of the crucial events of Feb. 17," said the New Orleans-based appeals court. "The trial . . . was conducted fairly and without reversible error."

The ruling marks a victory for U.S. Attorney Johnny Sutton of San Antonio, whose office prosecuted the case.

His office did not have an immediate comment, but a spokesman said a statement would be released later.

The agents’ lawyers said they will seek a rehearing before the appeals court and are prepared to take the case even further if necessary.

"I think it’s far from over," said Dallas attorney Bob Baskett, who represents Compean. Ramos’ attorney, David Botsford of Austin, said that if the rehearing efforts are unsuccessful, "then I’ll take it to the Supreme Court."

Relatives said they were stunned by the ruling. "We’re in shock," said Joe Loya of El Paso, the father of Ramos’ wife, Monica Ramos. "My daughter’s devastated. We were hoping for a big homecoming."

Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, expressed "strong disappointment" with the ruling and again called on President Bush to commute the sentences.

He called their imprisonment a "miscarriage of justice."

Cornyn and Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., both members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, first requested a commutation in a letter to Bush more than a year ago.

They sent a follow-up letter in April, renewing the request.

The ruling affirmed a mandatory minimum 10-year sentence for the unlawful discharge of a firearm during a crime of violence.

"Unfortunately, the court has sided with the prosecutors who threw the book at the good guys, and the good guys have lost this round," said Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, R-Calif., who called on Bush to pardon the agents.

Washington correspondent DAVE MONTGOMERY, 202-383-6016

http://www.star-telegram.com/state_news ... 90570.html

Quote Originally Posted by SeaTurtle
    I am literally in tears for these Patriot Heroes!
    (And I don't cry easily!!)

I am reading the report found at the link above, and I just don't understand how these agenst were expected to NOT give chase to someone who REFUSED to pull over to law enforcement and THEN had the audacity to RUN his sorry DRUG DEALING AZZ back to "beautiful wonderful" hellhole mexico!!!

OOOHHHH I am so mad ..

It's not what they did as much as not reporting what they did...
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast