Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    The campaign, which promotes ideal scenarios under the slogan "In an Absolut World," showed a 1830s-era map when Mexico included California, Texas and other southwestern states. Mexico still resents losing that territory in the 1848 Mexican-American War and the fight for Texas independence
    The cat is out of the bag. Their PR dept planned to cash in on this because apparently, as far as they could determine, many in Mexico do feel this way.

Apology is nice but the damage has been done.
    There have been worse insults in some of the apologies, than there were in the original ad. At least the ad is PROOF we are NOT a bunch of fringe group nuts.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

SORRY BUT AN APOLOGY DOES NOT DO IT FOR ME. THIS COMPANY IS ON THE S**T LIST WITH SO MANY OTHERS. LET THEM SELL TO THE MEXICANS.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It has now been two years, since I have had a Miller Genuine Draft. Absolut Vodka has now joined that list.
    <div align="center">" Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore "
    </div>

I will never buy Absolut again regardless of this half-hearted apology...heck, it's not even that good to begin with!
    <div>"The making of an American begins at the point where he himself rejects all other ties, any other history, and himself adopts the vesture of his adopted land."**
    -James Baldwin, American Writer</div>

This is not an apology for those whom they offended, it is an apology that they were offended in the first place.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Hey wasn't someone going to start a boycott and contacting bars thoughout the states Cayla? What happened to that?

This is the state I REALLY LIKE SOUNDS LIKE THEY ARE GETTING HIT AND HIT BIG TIME:

"In no way was it meant to offend or disparage, nor does it advocate an altering of borders, nor does it lend support to any anti-American sentiment, nor does it reflect immigration issues," Absolut said in a statement left on its consumer inquiry phone line.

They wouldn't leave that on their inquiry line if they weren't hit in a firestorm.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If we had a good e-flyer with the copy of the ad and the even more insulting "non-apology" we should start sending it to beverage vendors, distributors, bars and restaurants....even a letter or commentary to any industry/trade magazines. I did send a copy of the ad to the VFW and American Legion Post in my area...they do a lot of events, dinners, etc. and have a bar at their posts...so they won't be buying or serving Absolut anymore.

Good idea how do we get the email and telephone numbers of these associations and bars? Just go through the yellow pages? Seems like there needs to be an easier way.

We get the southern states in this and it will hurt big time.

Update: Absolut tries again. I think they are starting to get it:

We apologize
    Posted Sunday, April 06, 2008, 7:38:29 PM

During the weekend we have received several comments on the ad published in Mexico. We acknowledge the reactions and debate and want to apologize for the concerns this ad caused. We are truly sorry and understand that the ad has offended several persons. This was not our intention. The ad has been withdrawn as of Friday April 4th and will not be used in the future.

In no way was the ad meant to offend or disparage, or advocate an altering of borders, lend support to any anti-American sentiment, or to reflect immigration issues.

To ensure that we avoid future similar mistakes, we are adjusting our internal advertising approval process for ads that are developed in local markets.

This is a genuine and sincere apology,

By Paula Eriksson, VP Corporate Communications, V&S Absolut Spirits

http://michellemalkin.com/

An American Motto: DON"T TREAD ON ME

(In a previous statement didn't they say the ad had run its course and was ended April 1st?)
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Better but their other associations that have come to light because of it are very troubling. I would continue to boycott Absolut

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast