Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

just "google" beverage trade industry...or food and beverage association....
    numerous groups appear..there's a national group and state and local chapters....plus restaurant associations etc.

click on the L.A. Times report of the "psuedo-apology" and click on related stories to vote on the poll regarding Americans opinion about the offensive Absolut/Reconquista ad.....over 68% have voted that it is offensive and they will BOYCOTT ABSOLUT. take the poll.....

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld ... 8550.story

Update: Absolut tries again. I think they are starting to get it:

We apologize
    Posted Sunday, April 06, 2008, 7:38:29 PM

During the weekend we have received several comments on the ad published in Mexico. We acknowledge the reactions and debate and want to apologize for the concerns this ad caused. We are truly sorry and understand that the ad has offended several persons. This was not our intention. The ad has been withdrawn as of Friday April 4th and will not be used in the future.

In no way was the ad meant to offend or disparage, or advocate an altering of borders, lend support to any anti-American sentiment, or to reflect immigration issues.

To ensure that we avoid future similar mistakes, we are adjusting our internal advertising approval process for ads that are developed in local markets.

This is a genuine and sincere apology,
    There first so called "apology" was basically a non-apology attempting to justify and defend their add. This second apology is too late in my book and they can stick it. We already know how this company feels and there is no apology that can change that.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Hey wasn't someone going to start a boycott and contacting bars thoughout the states Cayla? What happened to that?

This is the state I REALLY LIKE SOUNDS LIKE THEY ARE GETTING HIT AND HIT BIG TIME:

"In no way was it meant to offend or disparage, nor does it advocate an altering of borders, nor does it lend support to any anti-American sentiment, nor does it reflect immigration issues," Absolut said in a statement left on its consumer inquiry phone line.

They wouldn't leave that on their inquiry line if they weren't hit in a firestorm.
    A few Irish groups are livid for two reasons;

1) They did not immigrate or illegally immigrate (there are those in BOTH categories) to become part of Mexico. If they wanted to be in Mexico, they would have gone there instead.

2) Those who are here illegally realize that this ad could make their dream of amnesty a lot harder to obtain, if not impossible. I think they were going to contact politicians back home to file a complaint with the EU.

I know my hubby emailed flier styled copies to a few pubs in San Francisco where he knew the owners, asking them to post the ad and ban all alcoholic products from this company.

Other than that, William asked our advise about a formal boycott, we have all been very open and vocal, but he hasn't come back with an official decision yet. Originally, he only wanted the ad pulled and an apology. However, I don't think anybody here feels the first apology was sincere. There is even debate whether it was an actual apology.

I don't know how he feels about the second one. My personal feelings are it was as phony as the first, but displayed a whole lot more fear. The essence I got from it was, they still are not sorry about the ad, but boy are they sorry they got caught.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My feelings too Cayla. It's like all those apologies from actors who have said something, then they get caught so for career purposes the apologies come out. Rev Wright sure hasn't given any.

I wonder if the Presidential Candidates are getting wind of this fire storm?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here is one link:

http://www.nightclub.com/

Ironically, one of their first articles is about vodka and martinis.

Cayla your hubby has a great idea there, something we all could do where ever we live.

great idea

Cayla your hubby has a great idea there, something we all could do where ever we live.

By Ben BarnaApril 08, 2008
    A new controversial Absolut vodka ad is stirring up sentiments many Americans would prefer to keep south of the border. The ad shows a map of a pre-1848 America, when Mexico’s border stretched into the nether regions of our fair land (picture is left), with a slogan that reads, “In an Absolut World.â€

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123