Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Across America, Latino Community Sighs With Relief

I wasn't the only person on Saturday who rushed to her Android when news came of the Tucson shooting. I wasn't looking however to read about what had happened. My auntie had already filled me in — "Someone tried to murder una representante. People have been killed," she'd reported. What I wanted to know was the killer's surname.

My eyes scanned the mobile papers. I held my breath. Finally, I saw it: Jared Loughner. Not a Ramirez, Gonzalez or Garcia.

It's safe to say there was a collective sigh of brown relief when the Tucson killer turned out to be a gringo. Had the shooter been Latino, media pundits wouldn't be discussing the impact of nasty politics on a young man this week — they'd be demanding an even more stringent anti-immigrant policy. The new members of the House would be stepping over each other to propose new legislation for more guns on the border, more mothers to be deported, and more employers to be penalized for hiring brown people. Obama would be attending funerals and telling the nation tonight that he was going to increase security just about everywhere.
    In short, the only reason the nation is taking a few days to reflect on the animosity in politics today is precisely that the shooter was not Latino.

It's painfully ironic that a gay Latino man came to the aid of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords in the storm of gunfire. Daniel Hernandez, an intern with the congresswoman, ran to Rep. Giffords and helped to stop the bleeding. If a judge hadn't blocked provisions of Arizona's SB 1070 law, the intern's surname would have easily qualified him as a target for police under different circumstances on Saturday. As Sheriff Clarence Dupnik of Pima County, Ariz., told reporters: "The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous, and unfortunately Arizona has become sort of the capital."

I admit sadly that it was only after I saw the shooter's gringo surname that I was able to go on and read the rest of the news about those who lost their lives on Saturday and those who, like Rep. Giffords, were severely wounded. I admit also that I felt some small relief in knowing that at least this shooting wouldn't be used as a reason for yet another backlash against immigrants, or at least that’s what I'm hoping. In this political climate, it's hard to tell.

http://www.npr.org/2011/01/12/132865098 ... -community

Daisy Hernandez you disgust me!! Why did NPR allow this trash on their website while Juan Williams was fired for talking about Muslim clothing?
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Across America, Latino Community Sighs With Relief

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay
    It's's safe to say there was a collective sigh of brown relief when the Tucson killer turned out to be a gringo.
    So it's still OK for Reconquistas to use these words. That's a relief; wouldn't want them to feel constrained from expressing their true feelings.

Banned
    It is always about them isn't it? A gay latino guy helped stop the bleeding? Oh please, if he didn't do it someone else sure as hell would have. He helped her, good for him. It does not make up for thousands of Americans killed by illegals.

Banned
    And this means what?

We should stop any border security?
    Stop deportations?
    Stop worksite enforcement?

OH wait , we have already stopped these things

Its all about the hispanics , Are they to stupid to realize that its there "me" mentality that is turning America against them. What part are they not getting?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ReggieMay wrote:
    [quote:3i3n0f0m]It's's safe to say there was a collective sigh of brown relief when the Tucson killer turned out to be a gringo.
    So it's still OK for Reconquistas to use these words. That's a relief; wouldn't want them to feel constrained from expressing their true feelings. [/quote:3i3n0f0m]

Sounds racey to me.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

My eyes scanned the mobile papers. I held my breath. Finally, I saw it: Jared Loughner. Not a Ramirez, Gonzalez or Garcia.
    The only reason you held your breath is because you know how many Americans are killed by illegals every year and it's just a matter of time before one of our legislators are attacked by one.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Across America, Latino Community Sighs With Relief

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay
    .It's safe to say there was a collective sigh of brown relief when the Tucson killer turned out to be a gringo.
    "They left out Pinche'!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"Colonize This!" and "Color-Lines?" From a person that the US government classifies as Caucasian/white? And just WHO is being blamed for making this about race?

More to the point - just who is COLONIZING who?
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Moving to News

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    The only reason you held your breath is because you know how many Americans are killed by illegals every year and it's just a matter of time before one of our legislators are attacked by one.
    Exactly. And if anyone is still in doubt about how racist some of these "brown" (her quote) people are, just read this article.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast