Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ACTION ALERT: Show your support for E-Verify (CAPSWEB)

ACTION ALERT EVERYONE:

Urgent Alert! Show your support for E-Verify by August 11th!

President Bush has issued an Executive Order directing federal agencies to require contractors to use E-Verify to check the employment eligibility of all persons hired for performing work within the United States on federal contracts.

The E-Verify system is a key component of our efforts to stop illegal immigration. According to the U.S. Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services, the system has already identified 200,000 individuals trying to gain work in the United States who were not legally entitled to employment.

Please write in support of the E-Verify requirement.

To learn more and to see a sample comment, click here.
    http://capwiz.com/caps/issues/alert/?alertid=11775371

Submit your comments by clicking here BEFORE AUGUST 11th.
    http://tinyurl.com/5n7gxj

Does that only apply to primary contractors with the gov't, or does it also apply to the subcontractors that some of these companies? Has the federal gov't gotten rid of all 70,000 illegals in their employ (per Lou Dobbs)? Is Bush just trying to save his legacy?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I support the requirement of the Executive Order that contractors use E-Verify to check the employment eligibility of all persons hired for performing work on federal contracts. Illegal immigration is a tremendous problem in the United States, and E-Verify is a necessary tool to stop it.

The E-Verify system has already identified 200,000 individuals trying to gain work in the United States who were not legally entitled to employment, and this was accompished with only 70,000 employers, out of over 7,million employers, signed up to use E-Verfy. Only 1% of the employers are signed up to use E-Verify, and already 200,000 illegal applicants have been identified. Removing the jobs that draw illegal immigrants is a key component of our efforts to stop illegal immigration.

Moreover, this system is necessary to stem the growing problem of identity theft. Illegal immigrants are using increasingly sophisticated documents to work in the United States. This has made electronic verification of documents an essential element of protecting the identification of citizens.

In short, the E-Verify system is a necessary part of a larger strategy to stop illegal immigration and imposes minimal burdens on employers and employees.

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Does that only apply to primary contractors with the gov't, or does it also apply to the subcontractors that some of these companies? Has the federal gov't gotten rid of all 70,000 illegals in their employ (per Lou Dobbs)? Is Bush just trying to save his legacy?
    It is to apply to subcontractors.

I don't know the answer to your question about the 70,000 illegals allegedly employed by the government.

I believe it applies to subcontracters also...anyone one working on a federal job.

I responded to my caps alert already.

what I don't understand is what good will it do with congress out for 5 weeks. does anyone have the answer to that?
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    I believe it applies to subcontracters also...anyone one working on a federal job.

I responded to my caps alert already.

what I don't understand is what good will it do with congress out for 5 weeks. does anyone have the answer to that?
    A Notice of Proposed Rulemaking will be published in the Federal Register to solicit public comment for 60 days. The amended executive order will not become effective until an implementing regulation is published in the Federal Register.

287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

Please write a comment in support of the E-Verify requirement and send it on.

To learn more and to see a sample comment, click here.
    http://capwiz.com/caps/issues/alert/?alertid=11775371

Submit your comments by clicking here BEFORE AUGUST 11th.
    http://tinyurl.com/5n7gxj

E-Verify Results Demonstrate Accuracy and Efficiency
    Statement by Jessica Vaughan - Before the Rhode Island Senate, May 14, 2008

EXCERPT: E-Verify works. The employers who use it – who now number 221 in Rhode Island, which is about triple the number at this time last year – report overwhelmingly that it does help them avoid hiring illegal workers, and that it is much better than the current I-9 system, which is more vulnerable to document fraud and employer abuse.

E-Verify is easy to use. My own organization uses it and, like other small businesses, we have encountered no problems with the system. The tutorial takes about 30 minutes to complete, if you take your time. No special software or security system is required.

E-Verify is accurate. 98 percent of eligible workers are confirmed to work instantaneously. Fewer than one percent of eligible workers need to update their records to be confirmed.

http://www.cis.org/articles/2008/jmvtes ... 51408.html

Please respond to this. I have seen on at least three open border sites for members to post how E-verify is not a good thing.

Thank you Buzzm1.

http://groups.google.com/group/ChicagoM ... f71?hl=en#
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

More material:

There are over 8.8 million unemployed Americans, and that number is increasing with every passing day.

Illegal immigrants, using forged, falsified, or stolen identities, have illegally obtained jobs, that rightfully belong to American citizens.

Americans need these jobs, and they need them now.

I fully support the Executive Order that requires contractors to use E-Verify to check the employment eligibility of all persons hired for performing work on federal contracts. Illegal immigration is a tremendous problem in the United States, and E-Verify is a necessary tool to stop it.

Only 1% of employers, approximately 70,000, out of over 7 million employers nationwide, are presently signed up to use E-Verify, and already 200,000 illegal job applicants have been identified. Removing the jobs that draw illegal immigrants is a key component of our efforts to stop illegal immigration, and E-Verify accomplishes just that..

Moreover, the E-Verify system is necessary to stem the growing problem of identity theft. Illegal immigrants are using increasingly sophisticated forged documents to work in the United States. This has made electronic verification of documents an essential element of protecting the identification of citizens.

In short, the E-Verify system is a necessary part of a larger strategy to stop illegal immigration and imposes minimal burdens on employers and employees.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast