Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ireland is known as a Catholic nation. I don't think anybody here would be surprised that catholicism is the national religion, but their constitution also states that people have the right to religious freedom. I was there visiting my in laws during the beginning of December last year. We were shopping in Killarney when I heard an announcement that just about floored me. They had been playing Christmas carols piped in onto the street. An announcer came on and APOLOGIZED to the Muslims, but explained that as of that date, they were still a Christian nation and that this is what the majority of the public wanted. Then they apologized again to all the people that this music offended. Why do people think that Muslims have more right to their views than Christians do? It floors me.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

cayla99 wrote:
    Why do people think that Muslims have more right to their views than Christians do? It floors me.
    Everyone has the right to practice their religion and there is no reason for anyone apologizing for any of the hundreds-of-years old traditions of one's nation to those of a different faith (like the US is doing often these days.) Religion should be a private thing, not one that is used as a weapon to change another society folks migrate to. I applaud the French for disallowing headscarves in public schools, which caused an absolute Muslim uproar a few years ago. I also applaud the state that refused to grant a woman covered head to toe to be photographed with only her eyes showing.
    My beliefs are mine and I am tired, probably from the 1970s when I was continually accosted by followers of Rev. Sun Moon on the subway trying to teach me religiion. I just don't like anything shoved down my throat and I am severely disappointed in those that buckle to this kind of pressure. This is America. If you don't like it, GET OUT!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    ....... I was there visiting my in laws during the beginning of December last year. We were shopping in Killarney when I heard an announcement that just about floored me. They had been playing Christmas carols piped in onto the street. An announcer came on and APOLOGIZED to the Muslims, but explained that as of that date, they were still a Christian nation and that this is what the majority of the public wanted. Then they apologized again to all the people that this music offended........
    That announcer should have said, "If this Christmas music offends anyone who has CHOSEN to move to a predominantly CHRISTIAN country, well, that was the risk you took by moving here. To no longer be offended you are free to leave this country for one that is predominantly athiest or Muslim. Thank you, Merry Christmas!"
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

Why do people think that Muslims have more right to their views than Christians do? It floors me.
    Oh, that's an easy one, BECAUSE THEY DO!!! Would you be able to have your religon tell the school to have a prayer room? Would they put in footbaths for you and not let anyone bring or be served pork at school?

Well, they do that here in Maine. Political correctness will be the demise of America and it culture. We are not able to have/save our culture.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    cayla99 wrote:
    Everyone has the right to practice their religion and there is no reason for anyone apologizing for any of the hundreds-of-years old traditions of one's nation to those of a different faith (like the US is doing often these days.) Religion should be a private thing, not one that is used as a weapon to change another society folks migrate to. I applaud the French for disallowing headscarves in public schools, which caused an absolute Muslim uproar a few years ago. I also applaud the state that refused to grant a woman covered head to toe to be photographed with only her eyes showing.
    My beliefs are mine and I am tired, probably from the 1970s when I was continually accosted by followers of Rev. Sun Moon on the subway trying to teach me religiion. I just don't like anything shoved down my throat and I am severely disappointed in those that buckle to this kind of pressure. This is America. If you don't like it, GET OUT!!

Yeah
    Vortex For President!!!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by JBParrothead
    Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    ....... I was there visiting my in laws during the beginning of December last year. We were shopping in Killarney when I heard an announcement that just about floored me. They had been playing Christmas carols piped in onto the street. An announcer came on and APOLOGIZED to the Muslims, but explained that as of that date, they were still a Christian nation and that this is what the majority of the public wanted. Then they apologized again to all the people that this music offended........
    That announcer should have said, "If this Christmas music offends anyone who has CHOSEN to move to a predominantly CHRISTIAN country, well, that was the risk you took by moving here. To no longer be offended you are free to leave this country for one that is predominantly athiest or Muslim. Thank you, Merry Christmas!"
    I LOVE YOUR RESPONSE!
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WorriedAmerican wrote:

Yeah
    Vortex For President!!!
    Thank you for your sincere endorsement of my upcoming candidacy, which will begin on the day after the swearing of the oath of presidency by whomever wins. Does anyone know if Karl Rove negotiates his price as an advisor?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12