Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Admitted Incompetence

http://gogov.com/editorial1.htm

Admitted Incompetence
    "We have a responsibility as the U.S. Government to police our borders and we are doing the best we can" - Attorney General Alberto Gonzales

So says U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales in response to questions about the private citizens group formed to patrol the border and calling themselves the Minuteman Project.

Gonzales is, of course, correct. The U.S. government does have a responsibility to patrol the border. It should not be up to a private citizens group. The rejoinder: So do it! Do your job. To his suggestion that the U.S. government is doing the best they can. The only way to put it is, BS!

And that is what we just heard from the Bush administration by way of its Attorney General. But there is more.

According to Gonzales, civilian volunteers patrolling for illegal immigrants in Arizona have the right to assemble at the border. But he says their approach isn't an effective way to stop people from sneaking into the country.

By all news accounts, successful border crossings at the section of the U.S. Mexican border patrolled by the Minutemen have been zero. And before the Minuteman project showed up. Here is an account by just one family living on the border. You be the judge.

Robin said she hears gunshot every night on her ranch. Has no idea exactly where it is coming from. Since the Minutemen arrived, she claims the gunshots have stopped.

The family's ranch is stampeded by illegal crossings. Years ago, they said their ranch was peaceful and safe. That it was rare to see illegal crossers.

The husband, Edward, said he was recently on his property and was astounded to count over 200 illegal crossers in a group nearby. He said he called the border patrol on his cellular phone.

He was told by the woman on the phone that it was not possible to see 200 hundred crossers because they would never cross in such a large group. As he was being told this, the 200 were crossing right before his eyes! (full account here)

That's one family and one report. And by every report there are not a couple hundred or even a hundred hundred illegals crossing into the U.S. There are now 10 million people living illegally in the U.S., most of whom crossed the U.S. Mexico border through property owned by people like Robin and Edward.

If the situation was not so infuriating, Gonzalez's statement would be laughable. His statements, though, are an insult to the intelligence of anyone that has even the slightest idea of what is going on with our borders. Either Gonzalez thinks we are all that stupid or he has just admitted his own incompetence.

Gonzales: Volunteers aren't the best way

================================================== ==

Gee apparently Mr Gonzalez your best isn't good enough. If this is your best, I'd hate to see what your worst is.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Either Gonzalez thinks we are all that stupid or he has just admitted his own incompetence.
    I think it's probably both.
    HE!D! A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by men better than himself. ~J.S. Mills

he's just being a politician instead of the country's top cop-trying to please everyone and pleasing none.

Gonzales: Volunteers aren't the best way
    that reminds me of a thing I had with my daddy when I would help him do things ... living on farm with no boys, he had to depend on girls, he'd forget sometimes and tell us we "hammered like a girl" -- I'd tell him there was a good reason for that.

I'd always remind him "I'm not the best, but I'm the best you got" .... and I knew he wouldn't trade me for six boys if he could
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Quote Originally Posted by Mamie
    "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself" ~Mark Twain~
    OMG, that is TOO FUNNY! If you don't mind, I'm going to post this all over the place! LOL
    HE!D! A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by men better than himself. ~J.S. Mills

Quote Originally Posted by HEIDI
    "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself" ~Mark Twain~
    OMG, that is TOO FUNNY! If you don't mind, I'm going to post this all over the place! LOL

hey Mark Twain said that not me! he was using his southern charm
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

hey Mark Twain said that not me! he was using his southern charm
    Yeah, I saw that, Mamie. Mark Twain's superior wit is sharp, funny, and oh-so-true!!!!

But seriously, it's the best tag line ever - it made me laugh out loud and spit soda on my computer screen!

Thank you for digging out that quote for the rest of us to enjoy!

This is to funny! It is rather irresponsible at the same time for him to say that what the minutemen are doing isnt the the right way of going about this. Well then perhaps they need TO DO THIER JOB!!!

Acidrain

Gonzales is a member of La Razaso we should know where he stands on the border issue.

Quote Originally Posted by HEIDI
    Yeah, I saw that, Mamie. Mark Twain's superior wit is sharp, funny, and oh-so-true!!!!

But seriously, it's the best tag line ever - it made me laugh out loud and spit soda on my computer screen!

Thank you for digging out that quote for the rest of us to enjoy!
    when I saw it I thought it was dead on ... don't do like me, I messed up my 'puter with coffee and sticky fingers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast