Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AFL-CIO goes after CAFTA, on TV:-

http://news.webindia123.com/news/showde ... t=Business

AFL-CIO goes after CAFTA, on TV:-
    WASHINGTON | July 20, 2005 10:24:27 PM IST

The AFL-CIO began airing U.S. TV commercials Wednesday against the proposed Central American Free Trade Agreement.

The ads are running in seven states and urge viewers to contact their elected representatives about opposing the free trade deal.

The nation's largest organized labor organization says the North American Free Trade Agreement cost hundreds of thousands of jobs.

Now Congress is considering another bad deal...CAFTA... which will have the same, disastrous effect, driving more of our jobs to six more low-wage countries, says the announcer. The ad lists how many jobs were lost due to NAFTA in each state.

CAFTA will rip jobs out of our communities and line the pockets of giant corporations at workers' expense, said AFL-CIO President John Sweeney. These elected leaders must say 'no' to sending their constituents' good, family-supporting jobs overseas to sweatshops.
    (UPI)
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Don't be fooled: the AFL-CIO is pro criminal alien, for some reason. They are supporting Jose Ramirez, a criminal alien here in NH who has been charged with criminal trespass for being in New Ipswich, NH when he wasn't supposed to be in the U.S.

I don't get it. Ramirez probably took the job that brought him to NH away from somebody in their union. Anybody care to explain?

HI "rebel". Yes, I'll do my best. The AFl-CIO is not fighting CAFTA because of the impact it will have on American Workers. They were part of the pro-CAFTA crowd, but there is some provision regarding "union dues" in Central America that doesn't appeal to their globalization of their union. The AFL-CIO was expecting to have a big "hay day" in Central America signing up union members. I'm not sure what the "spiff" is about but apparently the Central Americans and the Corporate Globalists didn't provide "enough" wages for the Union to collect as big a dues as they were expecting to add to their coffers, so now they are on our side but for a different reason.

Whatever....we'll take them...but always remembering they are not US, just a strange bedfellow on CAFTA. The Catholic Church is opposed to CAFTA. There are other strange bedfellows like the Church of Christ who was pro-CAFTA, and then unhappy, and last I heard opposed to CAFTA, a complete switch. I lost track of the Catholics. Maybe they got their deal negotiated. Not sure, but that is the "spiff" with the AFL-CIO on CAFTA...not enough wages to pay enough dues, so they feel "slighted" in this Global Deal.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn