Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AFL-CIO Goes To Bat For Undocumented Workers

[quote]WASHINGTON -- The country’s largest trade union came out in defense of undocumented workers on Thursday, criticizing a recent ruling by the federal labor board that makes it harder for such workers to recover backpay they’re owed by employers.

The National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) ruled last month that it cannot award backpay to an undocumented worker whose rights were violated, even if it’s proven that the employer knowingly broke the law by hiring the worker. In its decision, the board implied that it regretted issuing the decision but had no choice but to do so, given precedent set by a previous Supreme Court ruling on the matter.

But Ana Avendano, director of the AFL-CIO’s immigration program, said such a ruling did not need to be made -- and that it amounts to “an invitation to exploitâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Simple "JUST FOLLOW THE MONEY"! Big Labor, the leadership hierarchy of organized labor, is the same as any other Special Interest Group, Elitist Political Contributors and their Elitist Politicians; they are in it for the money and power and could care less for the men and women in the plants, on the factory floor, on the farms, or the offices. The purpose is to pull in dues for themselves and guarantee votes for their Elitist Politicians.

Oh DAMN! I thought they all work in the fields picking fruits and veges.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

But Ana Avendano, director of the AFL-CIO’s immigration program
    why in the world would a union need an immigration program? By law not even legal workers can work here if there are American workers that can fill those positions.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Whatever happened to the rule of law know as "clean hands", the principle that you cannot receive gain from unlawful activity. You can't sue sombody recover damages from them stealing your illegal drugs or seek recovering of any money gained by unlawful means. So, how can people working, in violation of the law, receive compension???

These are the people that Obama is trying to create jobs for. Construction workers for building the infrastructure and improving our schools.