Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

After Tancredo's exit, Huckabee touts own immigration plan

After Tancredo's exit, Huckabee touts own immigration plan
    Read the Huckabee Lies Here

Davenport, Ia. ? Iowa Republican front-runner Mike Huckabee touted his conservative credentials regarding his record on crime and hopes to control immigration during a stop today in Davenport.

The stop is part of an eastern Iowa swing before Huckabee plans to hit Republican strongholds in the western portion of the state Saturday.

Huckabee emphasized his immigration plan today, comments that came fresh after Rep. Tom Tancredo, a Republican from Colorado, dropped out of the presidential race and then endorsed of Mitt Romney.

?I?m the only candidate that?s put forth a detailed plan on immigration,? Huckabee said, explaining that he opposes ?amnesty? and ?sanctuary cities? and wants ?real penalties? for businesses that knowingly hire immigrants.

Huckabee also sought today to further distinguish himself from his opponents, though he didn?t name any during his talk at Scott County Republican Party headquarters in Davenport.

He said voters need to decide whether they want a president who is ?looking forward or one who is looking side to side and behind to see who is slipping up on him.?

Huckabee has tried to distinguish himself from his chief rival in Iowa, Mitt Romney, by saying in earlier stops this week that his approach to requests for clemencies as governor reflected how when he is president, he would act in voters? best interests, rather than acting on the next political race.

Romney has criticized Huckabee for the number of clemencies Huckabee granted as governor.

?I do believe being president is about judgment,? Huckabee said in Davenport Friday. ?It?s about judgment that makes sure we?re looking at every issue, not how it will affect us politically, but how it will affect the future of you and your grandkids.?

Huckabee also pointed to his record on dealing with crime in his state.

?If someone tries to tell you I?m soft on crime, that would be real news to the 16 people whose executions I carried out,? he said.

?The fact is, that?s the toughest decision I ever made,? he added ?You know what you have to do when you make that decision ? you better be right.?

Huckabee also took on a lighter tone during the early Davenport event, telling stories of his days before he lost weight, joking that growing up, he took his father?s pleas to eat everything on his plate seriously.

?I ate everything on the plate ? I almost ate the plate,? he said.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com

This ALIPAC member has posted this entity be it editorial opinion, news article, column, or web creation as information for the General Population (public) only. It is not intended as an endorsement for this candidate by this poster. Its use here has not been anticipated to be used as, or used to discredit any candidate mentioned herewith.

Banned
    The Des Moines Register is accepting comments at the link.

Leave one, it'll make you feel better, I promise...

We need you folks to saturate that paper and all IA press contacts with todays release please!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Comment posted
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    We need you folks to saturate that paper and all IA press contacts with todays release please!

W
    No problem

Banned
    ?I?m the only candidate that?s put forth a detailed plan on immigration,?
    THAT REALY TICKS ME OFF

Just left my comment. I feel better now.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>