Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ALBERTO GONZALES RESIGNS -

US Attorney General Alberto Gonzales resigns: Report
    27 Aug 2007, 1816 hrs IST,AFP
    Print Save EMail Write to Editor

WASHINGTON: Embattled US Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, accused by US lawmakers of misleading Congress, has resigned, the New York Times reported on its website on Monday.

Gonzales submitted his resignation by telephone to President George W. Bush on Friday and he planned to publicly announce his decision later on Monday, the Times said, citing unnamed officials.

Bush had long stood by Gonzales who has been under fire for months from both Democrats and Republicans in Congress over his actions as the country's top law enforcement officer.

Gonzales was accused of firing federal prosecutors for political reasons and of misleading Congress in his testimony about the Bush administration's spying programs.

He was also credited with having approved more aggressive treatment of detainees in the "war on terror" and arguing that suspects held at Guantanamo Bay had no rights under the Geneva Convention.

Gonzales, a Bush ally dating back to his days in Texas, is the latest senior figure to depart the White House as Bush approaches the end of his second term.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Worl ... 315371.cms
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Hey illegals! down with another one of your idols!
    ( STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT EMPLOYMENT - BOYCOTT FIELDALE FARMS, PILGRIMS PRIDE & TYSON POULTRY )

About time!! now we need to get rid of that worthless never do his job Chertoff and some of these immigration judges and looks like the head of border patrol also, who doesn't think his agents should go after the illegals only the terriorists! I wonder how he picks and chooses.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALIPAC AUGUST FUND RAISER
    PLEASE help ALIPAC stay in the fight against illegal immigration!!!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=75673
    FOOD FOR THOUGHT
    WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT ALIPAC???
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Since this is duplicate news and I don't know where it is going to ultimately wind up, I've copied and pasted the post I spent time thinking about here.

I have to admit that this makes me very nervous.

I didn't want Gonzales in there to begin with because the whole process struck me a playing a race card the same way that Rice's nomination strikes me that way. If you don't accept this person, you are a racist. So Congress got backed into a corner and we got one incompetent person and one person and a member of LaRaza as public officials!

But now that Gonzales is abandoning his friend who put him in a high place on what may well have been just a whim, I'm worried. The "rats abandoning a sinking ship" theory is beginning to look more an more real to me. We are ON that sinking ship, folks.

I really have a very uncomfortable feeling about Michael Chertoff. He comes across as very militant to me. It has been said that he may be the next AG. I think about Goering and Goebles when I see guys like that climbing to high places. Plus the fewer federal positions with people in them, the greater the power wielded by one person.

Anyone have any thoughts on that?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

bttt
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Successor could be worse

Gonzales' departure is long overdue. Having an idiot and a liar as Attorney General is yet another indignity inflicted by the current Administration on our great country...But Chertoff could be worse.

Hurray!!!! Another victory for the home team!!

GUYS AND GALS

as heard on Rick Roberts, what if the replacement is Bush's
    "close and dear friend"

Johnny 'satan' Sutton ???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast