Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ALERT 22nd Constitutional Amendment!

I am trying to find out where this stands.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c ... 10913ECRI::

109th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. J. RES . 24

Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the 22nd amendment to the Constitution.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

February 17, 2005

Mr. HOYER (for himself, Mr. BERMAN, Mr. SENSENBRENNER, Mr. SABO, and Mr. PALLONE) introduced the following joint resolution; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

JOINT RESOLUTION

Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the 22nd amendment to the Constitution.

Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled (two-thirds of each House concurring therein), That the following article is proposed as an amendment to the Constitution of the United States, which shall be valid to all intents and purposes as part of the Constitution when ratified by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years after the date of its submission for ratification:

`Article --

`The twenty-second article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States is repealed.'.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Latest Major Action: 4/4/2005 Referred to House subcommittee.

That's what we need, remove term limits ...

Constitutional Amendment - Repeals the Twenty-Second Amendment to the Constitution (authorizing limitation of presidential terms).

22nd amendment

People, is this has been repealed then Bush can stay in forever!!!!!!

Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this Article was proposed by Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

Section 2. This Article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years from the date of its submission to the States by the Congress.

Annotations

Limitation of Presidential Terms

''By reason of the lack of a positive expression upon the subject of the tenure of the office of President, and by reason of a well-defined custom which has risen in the past that no President should have more than two terms in that office, much discussion has resulted upon this subject. Hence it is the purpose of this . . . [proposal] . . . to submit this question to the people so they, by and through the recognized processes, may express their views upon this question, and if they shall so elect, they may . . . thereby set at rest this problem.'' 1

Interesting isn't it that there is no NEWS COVERAGE ON THIS!!

What does this crazed maniac want now: King George of the Western Hemisphere??

Oh.....I'm sure. Why trade a "crown" for a banana plantation in FoxLand.

OVER MY DEAD BODY, YOUR WACKO MAJESTY!!

I suppose this authorizes REVOLUTION!!

The French did it well.....lets research how they sent their globalists running for their lives mostly without their money....as I recall......that's how DuPont ended up here...from there...escaping the French Revolution!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

WHAT??!!! WE'RE GOING TO HAVE PRESIDENT BUSH FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES!?!?!? Oh Boy. "Houston, we've got a problem....a BIG, problem!!!"

I think this will never happen. I really do. Never say never, but with this I'm going to say NEVER.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is NOT one I would lose a whole lot of sleep over.
    Should it pass both houses, which I doubt, do you REALLY see the states falling for it?
    In our lifetime?

Get this

Remember Sensenbrenner, the guy that pushed for the REAL ID, he is one of the ones that introduced this!!!!!!!!

People we have been and are being set up!

I am looking into what other constitutional amendment changes they are trying to sneak by us!

You would probably sooner see the Democrats sneaking out of DC, in the middle of the night, and spend the remainder of their terms at the Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, as guests of Bill Richardson ...

Just to make sure, the quorum is NOT met.
    And this time I would support them. And bring them a different kind of care package ...

Remember the Texas 11, in 2003?

Well

Look at all the things that are happening that we NEVER thought we would see happen. The fact that Sensenbrenner is one of the ones that introduced it speaks VOLUMES! The REAL ID was supposed to a security measure and to keep illegals from getting licenses, etc. NOW he is involved in THIS!

I knew there was some reason Bush signed that! I think all of this is staged to deceive the public!

It's strange. I though he was with us (Sensenbrenner), and now it appears he's against us. What's going on here? He's either with us or against us.

What is it Mr. Sensenbrenner? Are you for America? Or are you for someone or something else? We want an answer clear and up front.

And yes, I am calling you "Mr." Sensenbrenner, which means you are hereby on notice of a strong likelihood that you will not be re-elected.

This is often the first clue. Loss of titles.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast