Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ALIPAC: AZ Senate race: RINOs need not apply

AZ Senate race: RINOs need not apply

Chad Groening - OneNewsNow - 2/18/2011 4:30:00 AMBookmark and Share

Arizona2The head of an immigration enforcement PAC doesn't like the idea of two strong border-enforcement advocates battling each other for a U.S. Senate seat in Arizona.

Last year, the Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC) endorsed former Congressman J.D. Hayworth in his primary challenge to incumbent Senator John McCain. Although he was unsuccessful in that bid, Hayworth is expected to be a strong candidate for the GOP nomination next year now that Senator Jon Kyl (R-Arizona) has announced he is retiring.

But ALIPAC president William Gheen is concerned that Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio might enter the fray, splitting the conservative pro-enforcement GOP vote.

"Having two great illegal immigration fighters like J.D. Hayworth and Sheriff Arpaio compete against each other in a primary where a RINO [Republican In Name Only] will definitely be present could be a political train wreck," says Gheen, "because they will split the vote amongst Americans who know what's going on."

William Gheen (ALIPAC)Gheen admits he would prefer Sheriff Arpaio seek another office. "We may need Sheriff Joe to run for president -- and I'm not joking about that," he adds. "If the Republicans keeping offering RINO after RINO of this long line of comprehensive immigration reform amnesty supporters, we need somebody who can run and win for president."

The ALIPAC leader does not believe a RINO can defeat Barack Obama -- and he believes Arpaio is one of only a handful of Republicans who stand up for border enforcement and can win.

Earlier this week, U.S. Congressman Jeff Flake (R-Arizona) announced his intentions to seek Kyl's seat. Flake represents Arizona's Sixth District and is serving his fifth term in Congress. In the past, he has pressed Congress to pass "comprehensive immigration reform."

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Politics/Defa ... id=1296668
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WOW all I can say is WOW! Powerful message there, William. If Sheriff Joe ran for POTUS, that would be a huge step in the right direction for our Nation!

I agree with you spot on William. A Rino isn't what we need right now and we don't need a pro illegal alien supporter. There are only a couple Candidates with any realistic chance.

Rand Paul I really think has no chance.

Donald Trump.... I'd give him my vote.
    Sheriff Joe I'd give him my vote and actually donate and do what I can to spread the word bigger!

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree that sheriff Joe would make a good potus. The problem we have here is that Arizona voters hate Hayworth and they will vote for anyone else, no matter where they stand. IMO anyway.

I think Sheriff Babeu should run!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    I think Sheriff Babeu should run!
    Sheriff Joe and Sheriff Babeu!!
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

Banned
    Losing Sheriff Joe in the job he is doing right now would be a train wreak

Babeu is a good future prospect for office though

For as good as he is on this issue Hayworth has a hard time with AZ voters and I can't figure out why

I know Flake would be a nightmare for us if he got the win

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    For as good as he is on this issue Hayworth has a hard time with AZ voters and I can't figure out why
    I've sent you a PM that may provide some insight.

Ican tell you that Sheriff Joe will not run for the senate or anything else. He could have been Gov but likes where hes at. I supported and worked for JD and there was too much money against him. Flake will have the full support of Mcain and Kyle. If Deacon comes in as a Tea Party candadite we dont have a chance. This will be a tough race.