Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ALIPAC drops illegal immigrants for 'illegal invaders' after AP move

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ALIPAC drops illegal immigrants for 'illegal invaders' after AP move

William Gheen's Americans for Legal Immigration will use 'illegal invaders' instead of illegal immigrants.

April 3, 2013
    The Global Post

Thousands of demonstrators march through downtown to City Hall in one of several May Day marches and rallies in southern California and in at least 75 cities nationwide to press for immigrant and labor rights on May 1, 2007 in Los Angeles, California. (David McNew/AFP/Getty Images)

Calling it a response to a “totalitarian” move from the Associated Press, Americans for Legal Immigration (ALIPAC) said today it’s also changing its style in favor of “illegal invaders” over “illegal immigrants.”

The AP said on Tuesday that it’s dropping illegal immigrants from the AP Styleguide, a reference manual for American journalists.

ALIPAC responded by suggesting the “Big Brother move by AP is political correctness on steroids.”

“What class of criminals will the Associated Press and Congress make disappear next with the stroke of a pen?,” ALIPAC president William Gheen said online. “Perhaps they will make all of the rapists, shop lifters, drug dealers, tax cheats, prostitutes and pimps disappear too?”

More from GlobalPost: Associated Press drops ‘illegal immigrants’ from style guide

On Tuesday, AP’s executive editor Kathleen Carroll said the news service would encourage all journalists to drop the term illegal immigrants.

Carroll said while actions might be illegal, people are not.

“It’s the most run-amok PC thing I’ve ever seen in my life,” Gheen told the Los Angeles Times in an interview.

ALIPAC isn’t any stranger to controversy surrounding the topic.

The immigration-rights group Imagine 2050 chastised Gheen last week for predicting the demise of the “white European descendent male Christian demographic” in the US.

ALIPAC removed the offending blog post, but Imagine 2050 reposted the entry on its website.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...aders-ap-style
    Last edited by Newmexican; 04-03-2013 at 05:10 PM. Reason: spacing
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My request for correction to the Global Post. The lady on the phone pretty much said they would not change the false information although I was welcome to send over an email. I told her I found it disturbing she would announce they would not correct false information in a Global Post article when they had not reviewed our information showing their claims and the claims of Imagine 2050 to be demonstrably false!

---

Global Post:

Thank you very much for your good write up about our press release and comments today in your article titled "
    ALIPAC drops illegal immigrants for 'illegal invaders' after AP move"

Unfortunately, you have cited a blog post by anonymous authors at "Imagine 2050" that contains demonstrably false and defamatory claims.

The following are not true and you can verify the fact they are false by visiting this link where you can read my entire article and our thank you note to Image 2050 for recovering our article for us.

As you can see I did not call for the "demise" of any demographic, that the characterization of my comments are completely off base, and that we have not removed or deleted any comments, much less removed any comments because they were 'controversial' or 'offensive'.

http://www.alipac.us/content/rubio-r...own-doom-1612/

At the link above, you can see the documentation that shows our article was lost due to a severe website malfunction and as soon as we recovered a copy from our opposition at Imagine 2050's hit piece, we posted it again with the thank you note. My mention of "white European descendent male Christian demographic" does not predict demise, but laments the targeting of this demographic by groups like Imagine 2050 and others. I would hope that most Americans would stand with me in preventing the targeting or abuse of any demographic in America including whites, males, and Christians.

Please take steps to correct the false, misleading, and defamatory claims posted by an anonymous source online at the bottom of your article as these false claims harm both the integrity of the article and the Global Post as well as their anonymous source at Imagine 2050. These intentional mischaracterizations and misrepresentation of facts also mislead your readers about the nature of my character and that of my national organization known since 2004 as Americans for Legal Immigration PAC.

Sincerely,

William Gheen
    AMERICANS FOR LEGAL IMMIGRATION PAC
    www.alipac.us
    Post Office Box 30966, Raleigh, NC 27622-0966
    Tel: (919) 787-6009 Toll Free: (866) 703-0864
    FEC ID: C00405878
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here is their new version...

ALIPAC drops illegal immigrants for 'illegal invaders' after AP move

William Gheen's Americans for Legal Immigration will use 'illegal invaders' instead of illegal immigrants.

Thousands of demonstrators march through downtown to City Hall in one of several May Day marches and rallies in southern California and in at least 75 cities nationwide to press for immigrant and labor rights on May 1, 2007 in Los Angeles, California. (David McNew/AFP/Getty Images)

Calling it a response to a “totalitarian” move from the Associated Press, Americans for Legal Immigration (ALIPAC) said today it’s also changing its style in favor of “illegal invaders” over “illegal immigrants.”

The AP said on Tuesday that it’s dropping illegal immigrants from the AP Styleguide, a reference manual for American journalists.

ALIPAC responded by suggesting the “Big Brother move by AP is political correctness on steroids.”

“What class of criminals will the Associated Press and Congress make disappear next with the stroke of a pen?,” ALIPAC president William Gheen said online. “Perhaps they will make all of the rapists, shop lifters, drug dealers, tax cheats, prostitutes and pimps disappear too?”

More from GlobalPost: Associated Press drops ‘illegal immigrants’ from style guide

On Tuesday, AP’s executive editor Kathleen Carroll said the news service would encourage all journalists to drop the term illegal immigrants.

Carroll said while actions might be illegal, people are not.

“It’s the most run-amok PC thing I’ve ever seen in my life,” Gheen told the Los Angeles Times in an interview.
    ALIPAC isn’t any stranger to controversy surrounding the topic.

The immigration-rights group Imagine 2050 chastised Gheen last week for predicting the demise of the “white European descendent male Christian demographic” in the US.

Imagine 2050 said ALIPAC removed the offending blog post, which Imagine 2050 reposted on its website.
    Gheen contacted GlobalPost on Wednesday and said that the ALIPAC post had not been intentionally removed but accidentally lost after a "severe website malfunction," and directed an editor to the reblogged post on the ALIPAC website.
    He also disputed the characterization of his comments.

"My mention of 'white European descendent male Christian demographic' does not predict demise, but laments the targeting of this demographic by groups like Imagine 2050 and others. I would hope that most Americans would stand with me in preventing the targeting or abuse of any demographic in America including whites, males, and Christians," Gheen wrote in an email.

This story has been edited from its original version.
    http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...aders-ap-style
    Last edited by Newmexican; 04-03-2013 at 05:09 PM. Reason: spacing

In his excellent book, Words that Work, Dr. Frank Luntz goes into detail to explain how words create mental images that results in a positive or negative preception of an issue. It is critically important to carefully choose the words we use in debate.

The fanatic left has known this for a long time.

Whenever the situatio allows we should carefully state that illegal aliens (the hard left's "undocumented immigrants") are in fact "citizens of a foreign power who have crashed into our home, evade arrest and refuse to leave." When you say it that way illegal aliens don't seem to be so harmless or little people worthy of pity do they?

May I suggest that it would be useful to use the term "illegal alien squaters," in addition to "illegal invaders."