Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ALIPAC - Lead Story on Drudge

This is the lead story, but is says ALIPAC is an anti- immigration group in the first line.

Anti-Immigrant Group Calls for 'Safe Passage' Of Illegals Out of U.S.

Published July 27, 2010
    FoxNews.com

A Border Patrol agent inspects a vehicle passing through a checkpoint in Amado, Ariz., about 30 miles from the border with Mexico on Tuesday, July 27, 2010. (AP)

An anti-immigration group is calling on the Obama administration to ensure a smooth exit for illegal immigrants who are trying to leave the U.S. due to the weak economy and Arizona's strict new immigration law.

Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC) is urging U.S. citizens to pressure the White House and the Homeland Security Department to establish "safe departure" border checkpoints along the U.S. border for illegal immigrants so they can leave without fear of being detained or prosecuted for immigration crimes.

"The peaceful and gradual exodus of illegals from Arizona shows there is no need for comprehensive immigration reform amnesty," William Gheen, president of the group, said in a written statement. "Comprehensive immigration enforcement works and has the desired effect without mass deportations."

Gheen said the safe passage would ensure that illegals "leave in an orderly fashion, instead of trying risky desert crossings, paying money to the cartels for passage south, or fleeing to other states."

"This is about the only situation we would ever advocate that our immigration laws be waived," Gheen said. "We want to encourage the illegals to leave America on their own and thus we ask Obama to provide them safe passage out of America."

Neither the White House nor Homeland Security responded to e-mails seeking comment.

The call comes as the Obama administration seeks an injunction in federal court to block Arizona's immigration law, set to take effect on Thursday, that would make illegal immigration a state crime and require police to check the residency status of anyone they suspect of being an illegal immigrant. A ruling on the case is expected Tuesday night or Wednesday morning.

An estimated 100,000 illegal immigrants have left Arizona in the past two years as it cracked down on illegal immigration and its economy was hard hit by the recession. A Department of Homeland Security report on illegal immigrants estimates Arizona's illegal immigrant population peaked in 2008 at 560,000, and a year later dipped to 460,000.

It is not clear how many have left since the new law passed in April. Some are leaving the U.S. and others are heading to neighboring states.

A pro-immigrant group called the safe passage proposal "a little suspicious."

"I think it's clearly part of the attrition strategy. Make things so horrible for immigrants that they will self deport," said Sarahi Uribe, a regional organizer for the National Day Laborer Organizing Network. "But while it's true some people are leaving Arizona, a great deal of people are staying."

Uribe dismissed Gheen's idea as a "thinly disguised" strategy to "drive people out of the state of Arizona."

"It's kind of sick they would paint this as humanitarian relief when Arizona's immigration law has created a humanitarian crisis."

Gheen told FoxNews.com that he would not want safe passage for illegal immigrants accused of serious criminal offenses, such as murder or rape.

"The main thing is, we just want them to leave," Gheen said, adding that if all immigration laws were enforced, the number of illegals would be reduced to less than 1 million in 10 years.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07 ... -illegals/

http://www.drudgereport.com/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Main headline on drudge!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Right now, it's also the lead story on the Fox News site.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

From one of our BPAUX members in Arizona, reporting on the traffic leaving Arizona.

They're heading your direction in droves....

I'm perched next to an interstate (Arizona), near the California line and watching approximately 3 to 4 loaded vehicles heading westbound each hour, when I watch, while (also) scanning hundreds of frequencies for BP Aux, which the FRS channels are common use by travelers and drug smugglers. I have heard (in Spanish) a few times, the glory of leaving Arizona and how happy they are to see the California state line, just a few miles ahead. Those comms are coming from illegal aliens travelling in pairs of vehicles....

I witnessed the same type of exodus when eVerify went into effect. Usually older pick-up trucks, loaded extremely high with furniture and crap, covered with a tarp, heading to the Mexican border on I-19 and Hwy 286 to Sasabe. Kind of like the Beverly Hillbillies with Grandma sitting on top of the stack in a rocking chair. Pretty damn close to that!

I'm not even including the numerous U-Hauls heading west....just the typical, "get out of Dodge now" type of moving.

This exodus is going to further collapse the State of California, while increasing the democratic voting base by illegal aliens that are readily provided voter registration cards (with proper I.D.) when they check-in for EBT and health care benefits this week. "You Don't Speak For Me" confirms the same in Clark County (Las Vegas).

When OTHER states have had enough....THEY will adopt SB 1070. Self deportation is the only applicable means for controlling this crisis...and give me a break about the children! Nobody said the kids can't go with their parents!

Thanks for taking the overload of Arizona's illegal aliens ;o)

Can we say it is working?

Ken
    Any and all comments & Opinions and postings by me are considered of my own opinion, and not of any ORG that I belong to! PERIOD!

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Comments are now at 206
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Humanitarian crisis" ??????

I am so sick of this and our lying liberal media. What about the humanitarian crisis' suffered by our displaced citizens for decades? Some even unto their deaths when limited healthcare resources were given to illegals and citizens allowed to die? What about the humanitarian crisis that never ends in Mexico despite mucho investment dolares? What about the humanitarian crisis in a nation that simply shoots its dissidents? The humanitarian crisis and racism and discrimination that caused them to immigrate to begin with?
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Banned
    Somebody needs to correct FOX NEWS on the title. It should read ANTI ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION GROUP not anti-Immigrant group

Banned
    Sounds like easy catches for the border patrol on the highways.
    1070 must survive the courts I pray.
    KTAR radio reports 2000 more non stimulus jobs and 11 percent rise in tourism in Phoenix since 1070 signed into law.
    The boycotts were a bust. Illegals leaving, new business and tourist coming.
    Awesome news.

Quote Originally Posted by airdale
    Sounds like easy catches for the border patrol on the highways.
    1070 must survive the courts I pray.
    KTAR radio reports 2000 more non stimulus jobs and 11 percent rise in tourism in Phoenix since 1070 signed into law.
    The boycotts were a bust. Illegals leaving, new business and tourist coming.
    Awesome news.
    Yes, it is awesome news indeed! The AZ immigration law works, and it works peacefully and pleasantly.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Added to Homepage with corrected amended title:
    http://www.alipac.us/article-5504--0-0.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast