Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Almost Half Of Federal Crime Cases Involve Immigration

Tuesday, December 28th, 2010 5:34 am
    It would cost each U.S. taxpayer about $500 to deport all 11.1 million immigrants estimated to be living here without permission, the Columbus Dispatch reports. On average, each deportation cost taxpayers more than $6,000 in 2010. The amount Americans spend annually to detain and deport immigrants increased by more than 100 percent since 2005, to $2.55 billion in 2010. During the same period, the number of people deported more than doubled, to more than 390,000.

Immigrant-rights activists question whether the mass deportations are money well spent. Most illegal immigrants are here to build productive lives and contribute to the economy, said Ruben Castilla Herrera of the Ohio Action Circle, a statewide grass-roots immigration-rights coalition. Prosecuting and imprisoning illegal immigrants takes up much of the federal court system’s time. Almost half the cases prosecuted in federal courts during the first 11 months of 2010 were immigration-related, according to Syracuse University’s Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse. About 11 percent of people in federal prisons were convicted of immigration-law violations. It costs about $24,000 annually to hold someone in federal prison.

http://thecrimereport.org/2010/12/28/al ... migration/

I have a better plan. If they want to deport them then have their employer pay for the court hearing and deportation. It will kill 2 birds with one stone. When the employers have to start paying those costs they will stop hiring illegals. If there is no work illegals will start going back home and others will not come.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Almost Half Of Federal Crime Cases Involve Immigration

Quote Originally Posted by topsecret10
    Tuesday, December 28th, 2010 5:34 am
    It would cost each U.S. taxpayer about $500 to deport all 11.1 million immigrants estimated to be living here without permission, the Columbus Dispatch reports. On average, each deportation cost taxpayers more than $6,000 in 2010. The amount Americans spend annually to detain and deport immigrants increased by more than 100 percent since 2005, to $2.55 billion in 2010. During the same period, the number of people deported more than doubled, to more than 390,000.

Immigrant-rights activists question whether the mass deportations are money well spent. Most illegal immigrants are here to build productive lives and contribute to the economy, said Ruben Castilla Herrera of the Ohio Action Circle, a statewide grass-roots immigration-rights coalition. Prosecuting and imprisoning illegal immigrants takes up much of the federal court system’s time. Almost half the cases prosecuted in federal courts during the first 11 months of 2010 were immigration-related, according to Syracuse University’s Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse. About 11 percent of people in federal prisons were convicted of immigration-law violations. It costs about $24,000 annually to hold someone in federal prison.

http://thecrimereport.org/2010/12/28/al ... migration/

Obama
    we have to Pay this Money & you don't care about this you Better
    get out Of the WH fast that BS
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    I have a better plan. If they want to deport them then have their employer pay for the court hearing and deportation. It will kill 2 birds with one stone. When the employers have to start paying those costs they will stop hiring illegals. If there is no work illegals will start going back home and others will not come.

very good I like that One

GREAT IDEA!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Banned
    Problem solved

It would cost each U.S. taxpayer about $500 to deport all 11.1 million immigrants
    I'm a little short this week, can I get back wit cha on that?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Why do they even get a court hearing? Use bus's just like prison bus's so harder to escape. Find an illegal and toss then in a jail community until the bus is ready which is probably no more then a day or 2 and deport.

But yah have employers cover the slack and simply take all possesions to be state auctioned as profits of illegal activities. Pretty sure that would go a long ways in covering the costs. But we don't need to put them up in cush living environments. No more then a roof over there head, fenses on the side, toilets, and rice or whatever we can get dirt cheap for food.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    It would cost each U.S. taxpayer about $500 to deport all 11.1 million immigrants
    I'm a little short this week, can I get back wit cha on that?
    My checks in the mail. I'd like my money going to deport the illegal known as Obama, k thx.

Immigration Cases Create Federal Court Crisis

Last Updated: Tue, 12/28/2010 - 4:37pm

Nearly half of federal court cases tried in the first 11 months of the year involved illegal immigration and a chunk of federal prisoners have been convicted of violating immigration laws, representing a colossal expense for U.S. taxpayers.

The nation’s federal courts are overwhelmed with staggering immigration caseloads that have cost Americans tens of millions of dollars, depleted the system and heavily burdened jails across the country. The daunting statistics are documented in a multiple-part investigative series (Deportation Nation) published by an Ohio newspaper this month.

The yearlong probe also reveals that deported illegal immigrants return to the U.S. repeatedly and that many state prisoners charged with serious crimes—including drug and sex-related offenses—routinely use deportation to avoid criminal prosecution. Virtually all are immediately freed in their native countries and many return to the U.S., according to authorities quoted in the series.

Reporters cite alarming figures provided by the nonprofit Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse (TRAC), a data research center that provides detailed information about the operation of hundreds of federal agencies. In one recent month alone, the number of federal criminal immigration convictions increased by more than 60% over the same period five years ago, according to the figures.

As of last month around 11% of all federal inmates were serving time for violating immigration laws and U.S. taxpayers dish out about $24,000 annually to keep them in prison. The largest number of cases involved illegally entering the United States, which is punishable by up to 180 days in jail for a first-time offender.

Deporting illegal aliens isn’t cheap either. The average deportation cost taxpayers more than $6,000 in 2010, according to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) figures cited in the series. The amount Americans spend annually to detain and deport immigrants increased by more than 100 percent since 2005, to $2.55 billion in 2010. During the same period, the number of people deported more than doubled to nearly 400,000.

Other media outlets have also reported on the crisis that illegal aliens have created in the nation’s federal court and prison system. Earlier this month a Georgia newspaper revealed that the state had only four judges to hear what it referred to as a “whopping 6,601â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn