Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The American dream doesn't include stealing

Feel free to email this author if you want.

http://media.www.stateronline.com/media ... lisher.com

The American dream doesn't include stealing
    Matt White
    Posted: 1/16/07

Right in front of us is the largest dilemma in American history.

It's not the Iraq war; it's not racial tensions; it's not a lack of health insurance, and it's not gender equality. It is our federal government's hands-off approach to millions of law breakers.

Illegal immigrants steal tax dollars by consuming social services, jobs by working outside of state and federal employment laws and the identities of American citizens while shacking up here indefinitely.

According to the Center for Immigration Studies, a non-profit, non-partisan research institution, there are currently eight or nine million illegal immigrants residing in the United States who "imposed more than $26.3 billion in costs on the federal government in 2002." These same immigrants "paid only $16 billion in taxes, creating a net fiscal deficit of almost $10.4 billion, or $2,700 per illegal household."

The center found other shocking statistics. "Among the largest costs (from illegal immigration) are Medicaid ($2.5 billion); treatment for the uninsured ($2.2 billion); food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC and free school lunches ($1.9 billion); the federal prison and court systems ($1.6 billion); and federal aid to schools ($1.4 billion)."

Immigrants often come to America because conditions in their homelands are bad. Unemployment is high, and medical care is poor and hard to find. Stable lives are simply unavailable. I understand this, but I reject it as a justification for invading a foreign country and stealing from its citizens.

The simple fact is people who come to America by cheating our immigration system (and the millions of honest, legal immigrants waiting in line) don't deserve to be put in the same category as people trying to find the American dream. The American dream doesn't include stealing.

Last year, Congress failed to pass an immigration bill. President George W. Bush sent the National Guard to the border, not to "patrol it," but as more of a public relations stunt than a real solution to the problem. Congress debated a "guest worker" program until many of the old wind bags simply ran out of breath. It isn't a solution — if people cheat our immigration system now, they still will when the maximum quota of guest workers is met.

America is a nation that should be open to everyone, all races, colors, backgrounds, etc., but we must reserve the right to uphold our laws and turn away those who disrespect them.

President Herbert Hoover told America in 1930, "I urge the strengthening of our deportation laws so as to more fully rid ourselves of criminal aliens. The very method of their entry indicates their objectionable character, and our law-abiding foreign-born residents suffer in consequence."

The simple fact is Hoover nailed it. Illegal immigrants hurt legal immigrants, and they hurt our nation. They're criminals who don't deserve the same protection as legal immigrants.

Political correctness would prevent any modern politician from stating the problem as clearly as Hoover, but if we're going to survive as a nation built upon laws, then it must not stop us from finding a solution.

Matt White is a senior magazine journalism major and columnist for the Daily Kent Stater. Contact him at mjwhite3@kent.edu.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Illegal aliens are dishonest. They lie time and time again to stay in this country. From those lies they received jobs and benefits they are not entitled to so they are stealing too.

You know for me, it's not just ignoring our rule of law that bothers me about illegal aliens, it's the immoral behavior. I believe a moral and just person would go back home because their conscience would bother them so badly they couldn’t stay and they would have faith that God will provide.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Dixie, it is so true. If they wold just see that God does care, and will provide a means to their difficult situation, but they are faithless and simply see it as a "I need to do what I have to, to get what I want in life".
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Time and time again I stop and ask myself, what is it that affects me the most about illegals. It`s not the people in general, it`s the lack of respect and concideration have for the citizens and the laws of this country. I don`t think that there is one law in this country that has`nt been broken or ignored by them.
    They bring along the same life style they had in their home country. When they get here they`re taught to lie and cheat any and every system that is too confusing for their education(or should I say "Lack of") to
    grasp. And on top of all of that, our Government stands with open arms to greet them and tells them not to worry, you can do what you want to the law obieding citizens, you won`t be procecuted.
    ------------------------

I agree with you mkfarnam but they don't learn to lie here that they bring with them. I see it all the time and it doesn't matter where they came from. We had Hispanics below me doing construction at all hours of the night and day and when security went to tell them to stop they said that they were doing work for the president. Yesterday there was a police call for illegal dumping in the 7-11 garbage dumpster. When police arrive they Hispanic male told the Spanish speaking officer that they were moving garbage from one truck to another. Meanwhile 4 witnesses seen them throw construction materials in the dumpster.
    The best lies come when they blame others for the car accidents they themselves have caused. One illegal who was driving a car without a valid driver's license ran a red light and was hit by an elderly man. She almost had him convinced that he ran the red light. She had a child with her in the car that was not properly restrained and had another Hispanic preson watch her kid. Not to mention had other Hispanics accuse the man of running a red light. Her lies failed miserably only due to the fact that a police officer was driving behind the man and witnessed it all. I really wonder what would have happened if the officer had not witnessed it. A Russian aquaintance of mine was stupid and drove home drunk which we all know is illegal but a Hispanic hit him causing him to loose control of his car and hitting another vehicle. The vehicle he hit was also driven by a Hispanic and both Hispanics ganged up on the Russian blaming him for the accident. The Russian was not in the country for long and spoke broken English and could not defend himself. He was charged with DUI which he dseserved but he was also blamed and given a citation for the accident. He had to hire a lawyer and prove in court that there was no way he was guilty of causing the accident and he did win his case.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)