Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Amnesty Bill Unlikely to Pass Senate Next Year: NumbersUSA

Amnesty Bill for Illegals Unlikely to Pass Senate, Group Says

Thursday, November 20, 2008

By Kevin Mooney, Staff Writer

(CNSNews.com) - A comprehensive “amnestyâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Beck identified Sens. Ted Stevens (R-Ala.), Lindsay Graham (R-S.C.), John Warner (R-Va.), Chuck Hagel (R-Neb.), and Richard Lugar (R-Ind.) as being particularly problematic
    At least Stevens is out now.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    When the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007 (S.1639), sponsored by Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.), came up for consideration this past June, the following Democratic senators went on record opposing the bill by way of voting against cloture (cutting off debate):

Sen. Max Baucus (D-Mont.)
    Sen. Evan Bayh (D-Ind.)
    Sen. Jeff Bingaman (D-N.M.)
    Sen. Kit Bond (D-Mo.)
    Sen. Robert Byrd (D-W.Va.)
    Sen. Kent Conrad (D-N.D.)
    Sen. Byron Dorgan (D-N.D.)
    Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.)
    Sen. Mark Pryor (D-Ark.)
    Sen. Jon Tester (D-Mont.)
    Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.)
    Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-W.Va.)
    Sen. Jim Webb (D-Va.).
    Their failure to support the cloture did not mean they were against amnesty. Actually, most of those on the list above, with the exception of four or five, have supported amnesty in the past.

I don't think Sen. Byrd or Dorgan have ever supported amnesty. Furthermore, McCaskill, Tester, and Webb have only been involved in one amnesty vote thus far. I don't know about Tester or McCaskill but I do believe Webb would support the right amnesty package.

Additionally, I'm of the opinion that a few of the folks above voted against the cloture because, in their view, the amnesty bill did not go far enough in benefiting illegal aliens.

I support NumbersUSA and think they're a great organization but I can't help but question their reasoning on this. Beware, and don't get lulled into complacency - the battle still rages on.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Amnesty Bill Unlikely to Pass Senate Next Year: NumbersU

[quote="Texas2step"]“I’m feeling optimistic about the Republicans,â€
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

What does everyone think of Obama's pick to replace Chertoff
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    WHO??? I must have missed that one?

I just realised who it is .... Janet N.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    A not-so-surprising indication of the continuing lack of enforcement we are going to get for the next four years. Did anybody really expect anything different?
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

[quote="SOSADFORUS"]What does everyone think of Obama's pick to replace Chertoff [/quote]

It's hard to say what's on her mind Sosad so she seems wishy-washy to me.

She did ask for troops on the border and was fit to be tied when they were not allowed to do anything. She also deployed our Guard to the border regardless of who didn't like it and then demanded DC pay for it. She has also stated repeatedly that Washington needs to cough up the cash for the costs incurred by AZ taxpayers because of IAs. And she also did sign legislation after it was passed by the voters in this state.

But, she DID hold up a few propositions meant to deal with illegals over wording and, on one occasion, she interpreted one piece of legislation as SHE wanted it interpreted.....which was the opposite of what was intended and she knew it......with the end result being that it was not being applied to IAs as it should be..

It also concerns me that over the past two years, she has had numerous closed door meetings with officials from the Mexican government, the subject of those meetings being explained only as to "discuss solutions which would benefit both countries".

Quite frankly....NO ONE in our government should be in the least bit concerned about what benefits Mexico. Seems to me that sewer has benefitted enough from the US and the concern of the US government should lie strictly with what will benefit this country right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Beck identified Sens. Ted Stevens (R-Ala.), Lindsay Graham (R-S.C.), John Warner (R-Va.), Chuck Hagel (R-Neb.), and Richard Lugar (R-Ind.) as being particularly problematic
    At least Stevens is out now.
    I think Roy meant to say Sen Ted Stevens (R-AK) not (R-Ala). I dont think there is a Sen Ted Stevens in Alabama.

But you are right- Stevens is gone!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast