Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Angry Chicago immigration reform activists going to DC

Angry Chicago immigration reform activists heading to DC to lobby
    by Jessica Binsch
    Oct 07, 2009

Immigration reform activists will travel to Washington next week to make their case to lawmakers.

Emma Lozano, founder of Sin Fronteras and one of the trip’s organizers, said the Latino community feels frustrated with a Democratic administration that hasn’t made good on campaign promises to Hispanic voters.

“Instead of the comprehensive immigration reform that we were promised,â€

[quote]“This is our final notice,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[quote="jean"][quote]“This is our final notice,â€

[quote]“Instead of the comprehensive immigration reform that we were promised,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Illinois has long been a destination for immigrants to the U.S.

A 2008 report by the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press estimated that 11.9 million unauthorized immigrants live in the U.S., around 450,000 of them in Illinois.
    Immigrants or illegals? And the estimate for NC is 600,000, not counting the anchor babies.
    As far as demanding anything, they really have no right. They have sucked up our social services, bankrupted our schoold districts and hospitals, paid no taxes on the under-the-table cash they get from employers, and shipped whatever ill-gotten gains out of the country,
    Has anyone looked into the contributions and connections of Luis Gutierrez?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Remember Elvira? Emma Lozano and her husband I believe are the the two that let her hide in their store front church in Chicago for a year. Now Flor is has been there for over a year -she isn't getting practically any notice like Elvira did though...

I can share that I am not surprised Emma is threatening. Two some years ago she came to our city council meeting when they were voting for 287g. I sat a couple of yards from her as she spoke to the overflowing crowd. She was rude, arrogant and kept demanding that Waukegan do certain things for the 'immigrants.'

I stared in her in disbelief. How could she come into MY town and make demands like that.

Well, here she goes again....

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Has anyone looked into the contributions and connections of Luis Gutierrez?
    I think you should be asking what are the demographics of his district. I'd bet a large portion is made up of IAs. If voting in Chicago is as easy for IAs as it is here in NYC....well you know.

I live in the 12th district of NY which is represented by:

Nydia Velazquez was elected to the House of Representatives to represent New York's 12th District. Her district, which encompasses parts of Brooklyn, Queens and the Lower East Side of Manhattan, is the only tri-borough district in the New York City congressional delegation. Encompassing many diverse neighborhoods, it is home to a large Latino population, with pockets of Polish communities, and parts of Chinatown.

http://www.house.gov/velazquez/about/bio.html

These 'diverse neighborhoods' are also home to a great number of IAs. Oh, the Polish neighborhood is almost gone now, they've had to relocate as the Hispanic and Chinese populations have exploded in this district.

On a side note I feel I should mention that even the people of Puerto Rican descent have fled the district.

[quote="miguelina"][quote]“Instead of the comprehensive immigration reform that we were promised,â€

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinwaukegan
    Remember Elvira? Emma Lozano and her husband I believe are the the two that let her hide in their store front church in Chicago for a year. Now Flor is has been there for over a year -she isn't getting practically any notice like Elvira did though...
    you would be right in thinking these are the same people who hid elvira and that stupid kid of hers

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast