Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bowman wrote:

[quote:2zn174lf]tiredofapathy wrote:

How do you reach the masses when you are isolated and compartmentalized by the media forces? How do you nudge people like the author of this opinion piece off the soap box and get the truth before the people instead?

You:
    #1 Protest in front of the newspaper office and TV station
    #2 Stop buying the newspaper[/quote:2zn174lf]

Well, that's an interesting suggestion but did you think it through carefully? Seems a little simplistic to me, but thanks for trying just the same.

First, I don't buy the newspaper, I only search it online for stories on illegal immigration so I can post comments there. No economic leverage there, and what were you implying I could accomplish that way anyway?

Secondly, what do you think a protest at the paper or TV station by one person (or many for that matter) would accomplish? If they aren't covering the stories on the topic in the first place what makes you think they will cover protests against their organization for failing to do so? If they did in fact give you some press you'd be spun into some fanatic group with a spiteful or terrorist agenda. I'm not saying your idea should be ruled out altogether, but without sufficient numbers participating you would be dismissed as fringe nut jobs either looking to make a name for yourselves or a small group with a bone to pick with the media. The idea is to enlighten the public, not alienate it. Why do you think this isn't already happening all across the country? It is, after all not atypical behavior for the media, correct?

Anybody got any workable solutions?

[quote]You are making a deceptive argument. Leaving aside the fact that nearly half of the undocumented immigrants [b]came to this country legally, and overstayed their visas, their non-compliance with immigration rules should not stigmatize them with the label of “illegals.â€

My entry of this story was locked this morning. You can't do a search on something like this because nothing will come up. I ran in my paper this morning and it was obviously in some other paper on Saturday. That's a lot of days inbetween and again whenever I do a search, the perameters are way too narrow and nothing comes up so if the search feature ever gets improved, then I will do a search.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

We are creating an underclass of people who won’t leave this country and, realistically, can’t be deported. They and their children are living with no prospect of earning a legal status, no matter how hard they work for it.

And to this I must ask the question....... What, up to this point, have they done for themselves to "earn a legal status"? Sit around, sponge our resources, and wait for the next amnesty? Sorry to stop your labor intensive project. If they wanted it, they would have done something positive towards it by now. Which they haven't.
    GAME OVER>

Other than to gain American citizenship and retain their Mexican citizenship, these people have no desire to become Americans. That isn't their goal.

The 'American dream' represents freebies, lack of control, good times while someone else picks up the tab.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

mapwife wrote:
    My entry of this story was locked this morning. You can't do a search on something like this because nothing will come up.
    I too have struggled with the search feature. I have learned however that if you put in the search terms, select "include all terms", and select "show as posts" you will get some reasonable hits. It is daunting however to search back through the list of search results but that in fact is how I found this post. I found mapwife's post but noted it was locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouveauxpoor
    We have our impotent government to IMO, GWB wants tension enough to spark riots and then..martial law. An excuse to implement the NAU. His open borders policy is allowing thousands each week to come right in..along with terorrists and their dirty works. This is why Bush needs to be kicked out of office on his rear.
    I think the cat is out of the bag, now, and events are unlikely to unfold as Bush would like.

I'm not intimidated by the coming Hispanic rage the author portends. We owe this group NOTHING. How dare this instigator equate these interlopers with Palestinians. Throwing tantrums and threatening violence would be a serious miscalculation on their part.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345