Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Anti-illegal immigration leader, 86, steps down

Published: 10.13.2007
    Anti-illegal immigration leader, 86, steps down
    SHERYL KORNMAN
    Tucson Citizen
    For the past 21 years, Tucsonan Wes Bramhall has been an outspoken opponent of illegal immigration.
    On Friday, he stepped down as the president and voice of Arizonans for Immigration Control.
    The retired Tucson Electric Power supervisor is just as riled about illegal immigration as he was in 1993, when he wrote a guest opinion for the Tucson Citizen. He urged the United States to use the military to control illegal immigration, especially along the Arizona-Mexico border.
    On Friday, Bramhall, 86, turned over leadership of his group to Tucsonan Lee Ewing in a ceremony at the HimmelPark Branch Library, 1035 N .Treat Ave. He said he will continue to be active in the group..
    Bramhall was presented with a wooden plaque cut in the shape of the state of Arizona and heralded with loud cheers of "heae, hear" from the 15 attendees, who included anti-immigration compadres Joseph Sweeney and Roy Warden.
    The plaque thanked him for "21 years of devoted service fighting illegal aliens and upholding the U.S. Constitution."
    Bramhall said he was sorry to see no young people in the group and said he believed they either didn't care or didn't know how harmful illegal immigration is to America.
    "The way I see it, young folks don't seem to care what's going on," he said.
    Bramhall said he doesn't blame Mexicans "as individuals" for crossing the border illegally into Arizona in search of work.
    He blames the United States and Mexico.
    "The Mexican government is assisting illegal immigration. There's no question about that," he said.
    He noted a story in Friday's Tucson Citizen about Mexican airlines offering cheap flights to Mexican border towns.
    "By taking them up there, they are assisting an illegal act," Bramhall said.
    He said illegal immigrants are "taking the work from our people," and "are depressing wages here" because they're willing to work for less than what American workers demand for the same job.
    If the immigrants did not compete for agricultural, construction and service industry jobs here and "if the money is there," Americans would take those jobs, he said.
    http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/daily/local/65720.php
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

He said illegal immigrants are "taking the work from our people," and "are depressing wages here" because they're willing to work for less than what American workers demand for the same job.
    It is our President, who allows them to illegally cross and steal our SS numbers and get jobs, that is more at fault than the illegals themselves. As long as Bush fails to come before national TV and claim that all illegals should leave immediately then he is to blame. As long as he doesn't chase down the problem with the 9th district court of appeals' decision to not let those no-match letters to be delivered, he is at fault. He's not doing anything to try and enforce our laws PERIOD. Some of those poor illegals are just trying to put food on their tables, the rest are here to make trouble.

Hey Bush, want to make a statement? Land 20,000 armed soldiers on our southern border, that will be a statement. Your ratings will skyrocket!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Anti-illegal immigrant leader 86 steps down

Yea Bush is to blame for all of this. Makes you wonder what kind of war in terror he is fighting. Also, he is not conerned about the safety of the American people. I don't know about the rest of you but I can't stand the sight of him. He really makes me sick to my stomach. He is in my opinion the biggest terroist of all. I say this because of the things that he has done and continue to do against the best interest of this country and its citizens. He flat out lied when he put his hand on that bible and took the oath of office. He should be ashamed of what he has done to us the American citizens. He is allowing this to happen instead of stopping it ."One Love" and Jah Bless.

Re: Anti-illegal immigrant leader 86 steps down

Quote Originally Posted by LadyStClaire
    Yea Bush is to blame for all of this. Makes you wonder what kind of war in terror he is fighting. Also, he is not conerned about the safety of the American people. I don't know about the rest of you but I can't stand the sight of him. He really makes me sick to my stomach. He is in my opinion the biggest terroist of all. I say this because of the things that he has done and continue to do against the best interest of this country and its citizens. He flat out lied when he put his hand on that bible and took the oath of office. He should be ashamed of what he has done to us the American citizens. He is allowing this to happen instead of stopping it ."One Love" and Jah Bless.
    I honestly cried, hard, the day he was announced as the winner of the presidential race. I railed and cried when it was given to him a second time.

I can't stand the sight of him either, never have been able to, all the way back to Houston when his father was using Airforce Two (knew the co-pilot via a woman he was dating in Houston, that's how often they came down) to fly down here and meet up with his mistress while Barb was still in Washington. (I have a severe dislike of this entire family, actually, they disgust me as a whole)
    I don't care who you are, how you got here, what color you are, what language/dialect you speak... If you didn't get here legally then you don't belong here. Period.