Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Anti-Illegal Immigration Propositions Get Thumbs-Up

http://www.kold.com/Global/story.asp?S=5659692&nav=14RT

Anti-Illegal Immigration Propositions Get Thumbs-Up

Nov 10, 2006 08:52 AM

By J.D. Wallace, KOLD News 13 Reporter

Our physical border might not be the toughest, but Arizona voters have approved more legal barriers to those who cross illegally.

"It's a disaster. I think it's shameful," said Isabel Garcia, with Derechos Humanos.

"I think it shows you (they want) to have this done, wants to go in the right direction," said Minuteman Civil Defense Corps vice president Carmen Mercer.

The first proposition on the ballot, proposition 100, denies bail to illegal immigrants who are charged with serious felonies. Being an illegal immigrant is a felony, which means more could show up at the Pima County Jail.

"If you're here illegally, you don't have that right to get bail," Mercer said.

"There's so many issues and this proposition makes it sound like you're either documented or you're not," Garcia said.

Prop 102 denies anyone here illegally from receiving punitive damages in a lawsuit, whether hurt on someone's property, or hit by a drunk driver.

"Why should they be entitled if they're here illegally, well, it's really easy for us to say they're here illegally, when, again, we have created this phenomenon," Garcia said.

"If you're here illegally, then you don't have any rights, and if anything happens to you in an accident, no, you shouldn't be able to sue," Mercer said.

Prop 103 makes English the official language of the state of Arizona, meaning all official business must be conducted in English. There are a few exceptions, but immigrant rights activists say it is open to discrimination.

"When I deal with the public, deal in this state, deal in this country, English is the language I have to understand," Mercer said.

"It's really interesting that they argue that English will unify us more while in other propositions they deny access to classes to learn English," Garcia said.

Prop 300 not only denies illegal immigrants access to adult literacy programs and other publicly funded social services, but if someone goes to high school here without legal documentation and wins a scholarship, or wants in-state tuition to a state university or college, forget it.

"I thought that education was not something that somebody's trying to steal, like a prize. I always thought that education was something that we as a country prized," Garcia said.

"I firmly believe if you come into this country legally, you should have all the help you can get, and then benefit from these programs, but only once you're legal," Mercer said.

What the Minutemen really want is a secure border.

Those opposing these propositions, such as Derechos Humanos, say they'll challenge the measures not only in the courts, since that didn't change Prop 200, but they also want to educate the public more about what they will do, and also hope to add political pressure that way.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you --ask what you can do for your country" John F. Kennedy

I went to a few sites - like Matt , believeinam. and ilw - I can say that most of the users are against amnesty . And we also have a strong evidence that each state and household is going to stand for itself when the danger is close -

If we watch the movie about someone having a toothache - we can say , "I do not care - this is not my problem "
    But if any of us has a bad toothache - it will certainly be a matter of first priority to get rid of it .
    The same is with illegals - when we see them as a remote danger or as a fight in the House or Senate - it is like watching the soap operas ,
    but when the illegals are coming to our cities , streets , entering our houses , taking our jobs , bringing all kinds of diseases , killing our families , breaking the laws , changing our language , spending our retirement funds - then small talk is over .
    This is why I think it is impossible to force this immigration reform on Americans - because then every state and the household will rise and get the invaders out of the country .
    I think that Americans are very patient and still waiting for the federal goverment to do their job , but in case the job will not be done - there will be no time for a small talk any more .
    " Do not compromise yourself . You are all you've got ." -Janice Joplin .

but when the illegals are coming to our cities , streets , entering our houses , taking our jobs , bringing all kinds of diseases , killing our families , breaking the laws , changing our language , spending our retirement funds - then small talk is over
    This is precisely why our elected leaders do not understand what in the world we are talking about. They live in gated and guarded mansions, they do not go to the grocery store....someone.... probably their illegal alien maid goes for them, they do not understand our problems.

They are completely out of touch with the American people. Completely.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

All I can say is good for the people in Arizona.

The voters have spoken!

I sincerely wish them luck (having lived through prop 187 being voted upon and seeing it overturned by the court).
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    I sincerely wish them luck (having lived through prop 187 being voted upon and seeing it overturned by the court).
    You cannot expect to change the direction of the illegal immigration within a short time .
    It took 20 and more years to get to this stage - this is quite a chronic condition and only consistent , united efforts and a lot of patience can be used to reverse it .
    You can see how persistent and creative the illegals are .
    There is no way to remove them in one day - but one step at a time approach / in the right direction !! / will gives longterm and sure results .
    If we have a 100 000 people like William and 100 000 of Alipacs - it would not be the issue . Common sense and laws would prevail

But until many Americans get a bucketful of cold water poured on their heads - they are not going to wake up - so we have to be patient - and let people to awake this way , if this is the only way they can understand

MW
    hope wrote:

This is why I think it is impossible to force this immigration reform on Americans - because then every state and the household will rise and get the invaders out of the country .
    If the U.S. Congress moves fast, they can and will slip immigration reform through. Once it's done, and millions of illegals are put on a path to legalization - it'll be too late. It's not like our government will take it away once it is given. We must make sure such a bill is never signed!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    but when the illegals are coming to our cities , streets , entering our houses , taking our jobs , bringing all kinds of diseases , killing our families , breaking the laws , changing our language , spending our retirement funds - then small talk is over
    This is precisely why our elected leaders do not understand what in the world we are talking about. They live in gated and guarded mansions, they do not go to the grocery store....someone.... probably their illegal alien maid goes for them, they do not understand our problems.

They are completely out of touch with the American people. Completely.
    I wish so much that more Americans could take a break from their Ipods and TVs long enough just to understand this. Maybe then they would do something! The corporate fat cats then might actually realize that they are living rich of the hog because of all of us. It seems that despite their supreme intelligence they just don't seem to get that once all the Americans are out of a job...there won't be any consumers to spend on their crap. Duh!

[ We must make sure such a bill is never signed! [/quote]

How ??

It looks like bills allowing to torture prisoners and violating freedom of speech and privacy are very easy to pass nowdays .
    This bill can be passed too - and then ...........There will be no more laws in this country for a while .
    We are paying too much attention to people who think that the destruction of America is their ultimate goal .
    If the bill will be signed - the anarchy time will come - and people will get wiser / even through the suffering / .
    It is impossible for one person to destroy the whole country - it will rise up eventually .

For all I care, they can take every single islamic nutcase from the battle field and lock them up for eternity! It doesn't matter a tinker's damn what they do to those monsters. They should be flattening every mosque and holy city that is an arms & enemy depository.

What the hell does that have to do with this issue.

Furthermore, ONE person isn't doing the damage to this country. MANY people are doing the damage and should be held accountable. Abu Graib sounds pretty darn good right about now and could house the entire caboodle of these traitors.

If one doesn't believe that the NAU is destructive, then one should be researching and educating oneself.

This mess is directed at null and voiding our AMERICAN CONSTITUTION and I, for one, take great offense to it.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Garcia makes me sick!
    I freed thousands of slaves; I could have freed more if they knew they were slaves.
    --Harriet Tubman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast