Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CHRIS CANNON
    56.55%
    Votes: 26,609

JOHN D. JACOB
    43.45%
    Votes: 20,446

Precincts: 623
    Reporting: 460
    73.84%

Well, so much for the "Throw the bums out, we're not going to take it anymore" theory.

It looks like incumbancy is still the safest job in the world.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by CountFloyd
    So how does an election go from "to close to call" to an apparent 58-42 blowout, especially when you consider that Jacob beat Cannon in the primary?

And why is it that when voters finally have a concrete issue to vote on, they don't bother to vote at all. The voter turnout appears to be even lower than the most pessimistic estimates.

Didn't people want to go test out those brand new Diebold voting machines?
    I guess that Devil comment really sank his boat along with the power of Bush in Utah.

Well, so much for the "Throw the bums out, we're not going to take it anymore" theory.

It looks like incumbency is still the safest job in the world.
    You've been quite negative lately Count, but if you are willing to throw out the whole movement over one race that would be a big mistake.

You do understand that a lot of things affect the outcome of a race that nobody has any control over. Should I repeat that a few million more times?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

California or ground zero of the invasion
    CHRIS CANNON
    55.8% Votes: 32,306

JOHN D. JACOB
    44.2% Votes: 25,589

Precincts: 623
    Reporting: 623
    100%
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Looks like Cannon outspent Jacob 2 to 1

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,640190659,00.html

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, let's just see if Cannon sticks by his newly stated NO AMNESTY declaration since his back was pushed to the wall.

People of Utah, you get what you deserve It would bring a smile to my face to see a huge increase in illegal immigration to your state.

It's early, I have to shower on this wet dismal day and head into New York City here....taking in a Bonnie Raite concert this evening.

My take on all this before I do............

A political novice/newcomer against a political heavy weight five term Congressman who had the backing of both President Bush and Laura, and backed by 4-5 million in funds from the National GOP treasure chest took almost 45 percent of the vote.

I'd say that is a hell of a STATEMENT, and as much as I'd hope for a huge upset, do not think BUSHY BOY and the Pro-Illegal/Amnesty crowd can be feeling overly safe this morning.
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

You've been quite negative lately Count, but if you are willing to throw out the whole movement over one race that would be a big mistake.
    Try living in California for a while and you'll see why. However, I don't see where I've "thrown out the whole movement" at all.

I'm just wondering how the pollls could have been so totally wrong. It just smells funny, that's all.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

I'm not surprised by this at all. Jacob IMO ran a very crappy campaign and wasn't all that smart to begin with. Remember that he wasn't even going to bring up illegal immigration until he heard how outraged some of the voters were (which tells me he was going to duck the issue). Never discussed amnesty, never really hit Cannon on his record (Team America did that for him), never discussed FTAA, Nafta or free trade at all, never discussed the numerous visa programs that have millions of foreigners displacing American citizens at lower wages, never discussed the total negative impact illegal immigration has on us. This guy Jacob was a fraud IMO and was using the immigration issue as a way to get voted in, but I think he would have done a total Arnold had he got in and stabbed us in the back. I think voters saw that this guy wasn't too bright and stayed home. I'm not happy Cannon won, but I didn't want to replace him with a guy who is just as bad either. I think Merrill Cook would have been a better challenger to Cannon and would have been much more aggressive and much more smarter. Utah delegates made a big mistake picking Jacob, only because he promised to spend whatever it took to get rid of Cannon and he didn't even come close.

I wouldn't get too worked up over this guys. There are many more fights to come, Cannon is only 1 voice out of 435. We don't want him in there, but we still have a great opportunity to kick out a bunch of losers so lets not give up yet.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast