Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Ariz Judge Rules Parts Lawsuit Against SB 1070 Can Proceed

Arizona Judge Rules Parts Of Lawsuit Against SB 1070 Can Proceed

October 21, 2010
    by Personal Liberty News Desk

The next chapter in the Arizona anti-immigration law saga was opened earlier this week, when U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton ruled against the motion to dismiss a lawsuit against SB 1070. The law, signed by Republican Governor Jan Brewer in April, would enable law enforcement officers to detain and demand identification from anyone they suspect of being in the United States illegally.

The lawsuit was filed by several groups, including the American Civil Liberties Union. It claims the law may violate the Fourth and the 14th Amendments of the U.S. Constitution because it "contains no meaningful procedural safeguards against erroneous deprivations of liberty, and immigration status is not something that is easily ascertainable," according to Courthouse News.

The ruling can be seen as a setback for Brewer, who is running on a platform of tough enforcement of immigration laws. Earlier this year, she criticized the Obama administration's legal challenge to SB 1070, which resulted in a temporary injunction, telling Fox News that "we are not going to back away from this issue. We are going to pursue it, we're going to be very aggressive."

However, supporters of the law did score a minor victory, as Bolton threw out some of the plaintiffs' claims. Those included allegations of First Amendment infringements and purported violations of a right to travel, Courthouse News further reported.

http://www.personalliberty.com/news/ari ... 800118055/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

All the way to the US Supreme Court and an Amendment to the US Constitution if necessary. Lets go people. This is it. The big banana that will decide whether citizens of a nation have the right to borders, a sovereign territory and a government of the people by the people and for the people of the United States.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

One problem I see in going to the Supreme Court is, Obama already has two of his appointees in there.

Everyone wants to sue someone and it seems all for the WRONG reasons. They should be suing cities and towns and states that cater to ILLEGAL ALIENS. Not suing people that are trying to protect our borders and laws and fend off an invasion. Since when DO ILLEGAL ALIENS live under the same umbrella of rights and liberties as American citizens? I'll tell you when. Since many out there are making a lot of money from this and from the drug smuggling operations.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

However, supporters of the law did score a minor victory, as Bolton threw out some of the plaintiffs' claims. Those included allegations of First Amendment infringements and purported violations of a right to travel, Courthouse News further reported.
    Good!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Federal government might as well be suing itself for failing to enforce Federal immigration laws.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    One problem I see in going to the Supreme Court is, Obama already has two of his appointees in there.

Everyone wants to sue someone and it seems all for the WRONG reasons. They should be suing cities and towns and states that cater to ILLEGAL ALIENS. Not suing people that are trying to protect our borders and laws and fend off an invasion. Since when DO ILLEGAL ALIENS live under the same umbrella of rights and liberties as American citizens? I'll tell you when. Since many out there are making a lot of money from this and from the drug smuggling operations.
    Kagen will have to recluse from this if it makes it

And here is one of the reasons Justice Roberts refuses to retire as long as Obama is in office...thank GOD!

The court still leans 5 to 4 and with out Kagan 5 to 3 this is good..

Also Obama did not make any friends with in the Supeme court in his state of the union address except the ones he had before the speech.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)