Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Arizona Takes the Lead on Illegal Immigration Enforcement

Arizona takes the lead on illegal immigration enforcement (Ariz. state Sen. Russell Pearce)

By Arizona state Sen. Russell Pearce (R) - 06/28/10 02:23 PM ET

Here in Arizona, we have a provocative idea: We are going to enforce the laws of our land, protect our citizens and stand firmly behind the rule of law. Excuse me if I have doubts that the federal government feels the same way. We in Arizona understand illegal is a crime, not a race.

As a senator in a state on the front lines of the illegal invasion, I see firsthand the damage being done to our state and our country. It is clear we cannot wait for the feds to secure the border or to enforce the laws that are already on the books even as the violence and cost continue to soar for our citizens. I authored the “Support our Law Enforcement and Safe Neighborhood Act," also known as Senate Bill 1070, signed into law by Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer.

The new law goes into effect July 29, and it simply mirrors federal law. It simply makes what is already illegal a violation of state law as well. It actually removes so-called sanctuary/catch-and-release policies in Arizona. Illegal aliens are by definition in violation of federal immigration laws — they can be arrested by local law enforcement currently — but policies have put handcuffs on our police officers; well, the handcuffs are coming off the good guys, and the handcuffs are going on the law violators.

Seems like common sense, doesn’t it? Well, not to the open-border, pro-amnesty crowd. They continue to spread misinformation, and the media are quick to spit it out as the truth.

Racial profiling! The new Arizona law specifically states that police “may not consider race, color or national originâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

go get em Mr Pearce.

thank you for this commentary.
    most americans feel the same way.

just enforce the federal laws, obama, and you will understand and see the will of the people