Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Arizona voters prefer amnesty

August 25, 2010 8:07 AM
    91 Comments

What is any good Tea Party patriot to think about Arizona voters after they have just returned John McCain to office? This is the state that leads the country with immigration enforcement efforts and then turns around and sends a pro-amnesty senator back to D.C. Do conservatives still want the status quo? Excuse me if I am confused.

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) spent more than $20 million on his way to victory over primary rival J.D. Hayworth (R).

McCain captured 59 percent of the vote Tuesday to 29 for Hayworth. Navy veteran Jim Deakin took 11 percent. The Associated Press called the race for McCain shortly after the early returns were in.

Arizona voters fight illegal immigration by supporting Gov. Brewer and their legislature's ground breaking law on the one hand, but on the other they return the biggest amnesty seeking senator to DC. What are they thinking?

To shore up his right flank, McCain drifted away from some of the issues he championed years ago. He gave a muted response to the recent Supreme Court decision that lifted restrictions he helped pass on campaign spending. He also stopped pushing for immigration reform and instead touted his support for increased security along the border -- including a fence he once opposed.

Read the rest... http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/sen ... -hayworth-

Don't voters in Arizona realize that McCain will again support amnesty? Don't they know that he will again cross the aisle to make nice with radical Obama Democrats?

Tea Party conservatives have worked hard in the last two years to change America. It must be very disheartening to see the Beltway's biggest RINO returned to the Senate by the voters of Arizona.

Here is a bit of what Sen. McCain had to say last night.

I'm convinced that Republicans will win in November and we will regain the majorities in both the Senate and the House. And we will win House seats here in Arizona.

And when we do, we will stop the out of control spending and tax increases and repeal and replace Obamacare. We will keep families in their homes, we will create new jobs and we will allow our businesses to grow without Washington interference. We will secure our borders, defend our nation and bring our troops home from Afghanistan with honor and victory.

Maybe you have to live in Arizona to believe that. It doesn't seem to be working here.

Note: This is John McCain's 5th term in the Senate. He has served 24 years there now and will have served 30 at the end of his new term. He is only one of many career politicians who are returned to their office time and time again by voters.

Such longevity in Washington DC flies in the face of the intentions of the country's Founders. "Representatives ought to return home and mix with the people. By remaining at the seat of government, they would acquire the habits of the place, which might differ from those of their constituents." - Roger Sherman, RI, 1787.

http://www.gopusa.com/fresh-ink/2010/08 ... orning.php
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Well, I for one, have decided to throw in the towel!
    42% of AZ voters who voted yesterday voted against McCain. But it wasn't enough. I know Arizona's election was a big disappointment to everyone, including those of us here who voted against McCain.

Early Election results were not being released until 8PM, and McCain was on the 9:00 news with his speech.

So. I don't know what we were thinking. I am also confused. I can no longer fight.

Re: Arizona voters prefer amnesty

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7

August 25, 2010 8:07 AM
    91 Comments

What is any good Tea Party patriot to think about Arizona voters after they have just returned John McCain to office? This is the state that leads the country with immigration enforcement efforts and then turns around and sends a pro-amnesty senator back to D.C. Do conservatives still want the status quo? Excuse me if I am confused.

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) spent more than $20 million on his way to victory over primary rival J.D. Hayworth (R).

McCain captured 59 percent of the vote Tuesday to 29 for Hayworth. Navy veteran Jim Deakin took 11 percent. The Associated Press called the race for McCain shortly after the early returns were in.

Arizona voters fight illegal immigration by supporting Gov. Brewer and their legislature's ground breaking law on the one hand, but on the other they return the biggest amnesty seeking senator to DC. What are they thinking?

To shore up his right flank, McCain drifted away from some of the issues he championed years ago. He gave a muted response to the recent Supreme Court decision that lifted restrictions he helped pass on campaign spending. He also stopped pushing for immigration reform and instead touted his support for increased security along the border -- including a fence he once opposed.

Read the rest... http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/sen ... -hayworth-

Don't voters in Arizona realize that McCain will again support amnesty? Don't they know that he will again cross the aisle to make nice with radical Obama Democrats?

Tea Party conservatives have worked hard in the last two years to change America. It must be very disheartening to see the Beltway's biggest RINO returned to the Senate by the voters of Arizona.

Here is a bit of what Sen. McCain had to say last night.

I'm convinced that Republicans will win in November and we will regain the majorities in both the Senate and the House. And we will win House seats here in Arizona.

And when we do, we will stop the out of control spending and tax increases and repeal and replace Obamacare. We will keep families in their homes, we will create new jobs and we will allow our businesses to grow without Washington interference. We will secure our borders, defend our nation and bring our troops home from Afghanistan with honor and victory.

Maybe you have to live in Arizona to believe that. It doesn't seem to be working here.

Note: This is John McCain's 5th term in the Senate. He has served 24 years there now and will have served 30 at the end of his new term. He is only one of many career politicians who are returned to their office time and time again by voters.

Such longevity in Washington DC flies in the face of the intentions of the country's Founders. "Representatives ought to return home and mix with the people. By remaining at the seat of government, they would acquire the habits of the place, which might differ from those of their constituents." - Roger Sherman, RI, 1787.

http://www.gopusa.com/fresh-ink/2010/08 ... orning.php

"AZres"Well, I for one, have decided to throw in the towel!
    42% of AZ voters who voted yesterday voted against McCain. But it wasn't enough. I know Arizona's election was a big disappointment to everyone, including those of us here who voted against McCain.

Early Election results were not being released until 8PM, and McCain was on the 9:00 news with his speech.

So. I don't know what we were thinking. I am also confused. I can no longer fight.
    Come on now. don't do that. we will win . ALIPAC has not thrown in the Towel.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Thank you southBronx, but after reading comment after comment this morning about how stupid Arizonans are, how we should be part of Mexico, how everyone has lost all respect for AZ, and on and on, and William commenting on one of my posts with this:

"We understand that people are upset right now. Each of you should be. It is shameful what happened down in Arizona yesterday.

But each of you had better read and honor the ALIPAC rules. The next person posting here that attacks another ALIPAC user will have their account suspended and put under review by the moderators.

Treat each other with respect or leave the discussion."

I have a PM to William that won't send in my outbox, I don't know what else to do. But Thank you again.

Banned
    I'm sorry if it offends some

But the people in Arizona have to be dumber than a box of rocks

Now obomba has all the repub help he wants , you know mccain can't wait to jump on amnesty

Banned
    Get it all out girls if it makes you feel better. Need another box of tissue?
    Because I think it is time to do a little McCain bird dogging.
    And I don't like the fact that he and Brewer got so chummy
    campaigning together. I have things to do. Have a nice cry
    and then lets get back to work.
    Theres a lot of things to be upset about. Set back of, course.
    Had worse, like my scull smashed by a group of illegal alien
    thugs. Oh thats clever, Stupid, Dumb as rocks, and had his scull
    bashed in. An AZ voter too. LOL That explains it.
    And oh let me think, I cant... I'm from Arizona

It's the sun, I am sure of it. Everyone's brain is baked into mush. I haven't been here long enough, so I voted for JD. I agree with the article though, I have NO idea what people are thinking, or if they are thinking at all. The only saving grace to this is that he will be surrounded by a bunch of republicans who aren't going to vote for his crap. Let us pray.....

AZres,

You are in Arizona...and not California. Most of our politicians have waved the white flag re illegal immigration. Members here have often attacked Californians too and while one can take it personally you have to let it run off and know they are not attacking us individually. Yesterday was disappointing but time to move on from here ok?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

When McCain either supports or does nothing to stop the giant Dream amnesty I am going to raise hell with every Arizonan I know who voted for him and said I was insane for claiming he supports amnesty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast