Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Arpaio draws protesters at CA speech on immigration

by KTAR.com (February 9th, 2011 @ 6:14am)

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio shows off the pink underwear he forces inmates to wear during the Liberatore Lecture Series held on the grounds of the Nixon Presidential Library and Museum in Yorba Linda Tuesday night.

YORBA LINDA, Calif. -- Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio encountered a group of protesters outside the Nixon Presidential Library and Museum in California where he spoke about illegal immigration Tuesday night.

According to The Orange Counter Register, protester Sharon Tipton of Irvine and Arpaio exchanged words outside the library in Yorba Linda.

Tipton asked Arpaio if he "was saying it's the immigrants' fault there is such high employment in this country?"

The sheriff responded, "No. I'm saying we're making vacancies. when we arrest people here illegally in the working place, and we put them in jail, which we do, it's vacancies for the owners to hire U.S. citizens to work."

Arpaio had some strong words for California.

"Unfortunately, everybody we arrest is headed for California," he said. "I wonder why they're headed for California. Because nobody enforces the law around here."

People who illegally enter the United States "are going to jail when you get to Maricopa County," Arpaio said.

A friendly crowd of several hundred people greeted Arpaio inside the library, where he spoke at a lecture series hosted by Philip Liberatore, an Orange County radio-talk host and conservative activist.

At one point in his speech, Arpaio waved a pair of the pink shorts he requires prisoners in his jails to wear. Most of his speech was lighthearted, talking about how he can't go to McDonald's and Mexican restaurants because of his department's immigration raids on those restaurants.

The friendly crowd cheered when he talked about his immigration raids.

"I don't call them 'undocumented' aliens. I call them 'illegal,' " Arpaio said to loud applause. He told the crowd he doesn't worry about his detractors, a luxury he wouldn't have if he were a city police chief and not an elected county official.

"Since I'm elected, I do what I feel is right, and I do it right away. I don't worry about lawyers," he said.

Arpaio also decried the federal government's civil-rights investigation, which focuses on whether Arpaio's deputies used racial profiling.

"I've got the Department of Justice investigating me. For what? I'm just doing my job," Arpaio said. "I took an oath of office to enforce the laws. That includes illegal immigration."

Tuesday night's event was not affiliated with the Nixon Library or the private Richard Nixon Foundation.

(Video at Link)

http://ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=1383524
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The sheriff responded, "No. I'm saying we're making vacancies. when we arrest people here illegally in the working place, and we put them in jail, which we do, it's vacancies for the owners to hire U.S. citizens to work."
    I admire Sheriff Joe!
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

Quote............Arpaio had some strong words for California.

"Unfortunately, everybody we arrest is headed for California," he said. "I wonder why they're headed for California. Because nobody enforces the law around here."

Enough said Joe.
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

Banned
    Joe calls it like it is. I wonder if some of the politicians in California liked him kicking them in the family jewels with his direct words about what is happening there? Well if the rest of the country cleans out the illegals and they all flee to California, it will be easier to keep an eye on them as they will all be in one place. Also if the "BIG ONE" hits and California slips into the Pacific...OH WELL>>>>>>>

Arpaio had some strong words for California.

"Unfortunately, everybody we arrest is headed for California," he said. "I wonder why they're headed for California. Because nobody enforces the law around here

HEAR THAT MR. BROWN!!!!!!

Tipton asked Arpaio if he "was saying it's the immigrants' fault there is such high employment in this country?"

so with her mentallity it's ok to take something just because it's sitting there and it's not up to her to be responsible for her actions it's the other guys falut for leaving it there. it's the same pass the buck mentallity our goverment has wow.

Arpaio to California: I call them illegal aliens

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-227560.html

Go Arpaio! I sure hope he's grooming someone(s) to be just like him to run for sheriff for when he's no longer in office...
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

What kind of title is this?

Just listened to the video, he was surprised there was only 1 or 2 protesters there.

Keep up the great work Sheriff Joe!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by forest
    Go Arpaio! I sure hope he's grooming someone(s) to be just like him to run for sheriff for when he's no longer in office...
    I wish the same!

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    What kind of title is this?

Just listened to the video, he was surprised there was only 1 or 2 protesters there.

Keep up the great work Sheriff Joe!
    Someone must have been confused. They were not protesters, the people was cheering because Sheriff Joe is performing job duties almost the entire Country agrees with!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast