Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Arpaio planning crime sweep Wednesday?

Arpaio planning crime sweep Wednesday?

More Maricopa County and Phoenix Local News

08:11 AM Mountain Standard Time on Wednesday, August 13, 2008

3TV and azfamily.com

azfamily.com
    VIDEO: Not clear where sweep might take place

LINK: Unannounced crime sweep in Mesa nets 40 arrests

VIDEO: 100 deputies conduct unannounced sweep, mayor reacts

LINK: Mesa spends thousands in OT on sweep tip

LINK: Anti-Defamation League questions Sheriff Joe's sweeps

LINK: Sheriff: "I make the decisions how to enforce the law"
    MARICOPA COUNTY -- Sheriff Joe Arpaio's deputies could be out in force somewhere in the Valley Wednesday.

Past sweeps sparked controversy 3TV is reporting the possibility of a crime-suppression sweep that might take place, but it's not known where.

Similar sweeps have sparked quite a bit of controversy in the past. In some cases, including the June sweeps in Mesa, protestors turned out.

In the past, the sheriff has sometimes told cities where he would be and when.

The sheriff's department has also done crime sweeps in Phoenix and Guadalupe.
    http://www.azfamily.com/news/homepageto ... a7ab.html#
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

UPDATE ANYONE!
    -----------------------------
    SWEET SHERIFF JOE; GOT EVERYONE THINKING
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That sweeps were or should be announced is the dumbest things I have heard. Does DEA bother to call a meth-lab a few hours or a few days ahead of time announcing their raid, for example?

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    That sweeps were or should be announced is the dumbest things I have heard. Does DEA bother to call a meth-lab a few hours or a few days ahead of time announcing their raid, for example?

This keeps the illegals on edge, I like it

I plan on watching the news at 11:00 to see if there is anything going on yet.

We first heard about this last week and all Joe was saying was that this operation will differ from the manner in which they have been previously carried out but he refused to see how it would be different or where they would be focusing on.