Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Arpaio takes steps to curb swine flu

Arpaio takes steps to curb swine flu
    by Sandra Haros/KTAR (April 29th, 2009 @ 8:59am)
    Policy >>
    Comments:2
    Bookmark and Share

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has ordered extra precautions for dealing with illegal immigrants in the wake of the swine flu scare, centered in Mexico City.

Arpaio's office said Tuesday that Arpaio has ordered protective gear for his deputies and urged them to wear masks and gloves during the arrests of suspected illegal immigrants. Many of the suspects are from areas around Mexico City, where more than 150 deaths have been reported, the sheriff said.

"I would say 90 to 95 percent of the people we come in contact with during the course of our duties, looking for human smuggling, we find that they are from cities or states south of Mexico City," said Sgt. Manny Madrid with the sheriff's anti-human smuggling unit.

Madrid said deputies come in close contact with suspects.

"Our hands, of course, are going to touch them to pat 'em down, we're going to handcuff them. While we're interviewing them and what not, we're going to be in close proximity in closed-off rooms with them."

Madrid added, "Whatever we may come in contact with here in the course of our duties, we have a chance to take that to our homes and our wives and children... I want to keep my family safe. Absolutely, I'm concerned."

Arpaio has ordered anyone who enters his jails to be screened for swine flu symptoms.

http://ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=1144912

I would feel a lot more secure about Arpaio being the chief of DHS!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    I would feel a lot more secure about Arpaio being the chief of DHS!
    Totally agree vortex!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn