Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Arrest made in Colo. dragging death

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060920/ap_ ... g_death_21

By KIM NGUYEN, Associated Press Writer 20 minutes ago
    CASTLE ROCK, Colo. - A man was arrested in the gruesome dragging death of a woman after a stained and tattered photograph of him was found at the crime scene, police said Wednesday.

Jose Luis Rubi-Nava, 36, was arrested Tuesday night on suspicion of murder and jailed without bail. Investigators said they were still trying to identify the victim, who was dragged behind a vehicle with a rope, leaving a trail of blood more than a mile long.

Authorities did not immediately respond to questions about how the photograph ended up near the woman's body, which was discovered Monday in a suburban neighborhood about 20 miles south of Denver.

The picture shows a couple who appear to be in their 30s, with the man leaning his arm on the woman's shoulder. Investigators did not say whether the woman in the picture was the victim.

The photo had been released to the public, and Sheriff Dave Weaver said tips from citizens helped lead to the arrest. Weaver offered no motive for the killing, and the sheriff's department did not respond to repeated requests by phone and in writing for more information.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesman Carl Rusnok said agents believe Rubi-Nava is an illegal immigrant from Mexico.

At a court appearance Wednesday afternoon, Rubi-Nava listened through a translator as District Judge Paul A. King formally told him the charge he faces.

King sealed the arrest warrant affidavit, which outlines the preliminary allegations against Rubi-Nava, at the request of public defender Kathleen McGuire. King said he would consider McGuire's request for a gag order.

Neighbors discovered the woman's body before dawn. Her face was unrecognizable and an orange tow rope was around her neck, said Nancy Foley, who lives nearby.

An autopsy indicated the woman died of asphyxiation and head injuries from being dragged.

The trail of blood led from Interstate 25 to the woman's body, which was found on a street lined with large ranch-style homes on spacious lots. On Wednesday, highway crews were spreading fresh tar over the roads to cover the traces of blood.

When I first saw this story yesterday, I knew it was an IA, simply because I have never heard of such savagery and it goes along with all the brutal killings, of women, in Mexico. I hope I never hear this "family value" crap come outta Bush again. Men constantly beat their wives, abuse their children and now this gruesome death. This sickens me to the pit of my stomach.[/quote]

If anyone deserves the death penalty, he's a prime candidate!!

Savages!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And he is an illegal alien to boot. What an animal, yes he should get the death penalty because if we deport him he will be right back again to kill others.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

http://denver.yourhub.com/CASTLEROCK/St ... 27352.aspx

Suspect arrested in county dragging death

A suspect is under arrest and charged with first-degree murder in the gruesome dragging death of a still-unidentifiedwoman early Monday in the Surrey Ridge subdivision of Douglas County.

At a press conference at Wednesday morning, Douglas County Sheriff David Weaver identified the suspect as Jose Luis Rubi-Nava, 36, of Glendale.

Weaver said, "A photograph was located during an extensive search of the area. Rubi-Nava was identified as the man in the photograph. The female victim has not been identified. It has not been determined if she is the woman in the photograph."

The female victim, who was dragged behind a vehicle with a rope around her head or neck, was described as being possibly Causasian, Hispanic or Native American, about five feet tall and weighing about 130 to 140 pounds, with shoulder-length auburn hair, tied in a pony tail.

A preliminary autopsy determined she died as a result of injuries suffered during the dragging, strangulation, or a combination of both, according to authorities.

Weaver would not elaborate further on the investigation, but said "I would like to thank the public for their calls that lead to multiple tips resulting in an arrest in this case. Also, I would like to thank the Colorado Bureau of Investigations and the Douglas County Sheriff's office Investigators for their hard work and dedication during a difficult investigation. As always, the public is our eyes and ears."

"I would like to assure the residents of Surrey Ridge and Douglas County that the location was randomly selected," Weaver added.

Rubi-Nava, who is also under an ICE hold for immigration, was to appear in a Division One courtroom for advisement of the charges against him.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

It will be interesting if this case gets half the attention that the dragging death of a black man got in Texas a few years back.

My guess is we'll never hear about it again in a day or two.

Did you hear about the Muslim man that did a murder/suicide of his family in a Dallas suburb the other day. After a day or two that disappeared and it was nearly impossible to find out who those people were. After some real digging, I found out the man owned a "dollar store."

Will we ever hear what this illegal alien did for a living?
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

gofer, sadly, this kind of savagery has happened before in America! We must none of us ever forget what happened to this poor man in Jasper Tx.

SWS : News & Analysis : North America
    Trial opens in racist dragging death in Jasper, Texas
    By James Brookfield
    18 February 1999

The trial of John King for the brutal killing of James Byrd Jr. opened on Tuesday in Jasper, Texas. King, 24, is the first of three expected to stand trial for the murder of Byrd, 49, killed in the early morning hours of June 7, 1998. King, along with Shawn Berry, 23, and Lawrence Brewer, 31, are alleged to have severely beaten Byrd, before chaining him to a pickup truck and dragging him to his dismemberment and death.

King, Berry and Brewer, all white, established ties to racist organizations during previous prison terms. Byrd was black.

The prosecutor, District Attorney Guy James Gray, made his opening statement Tuesday, arguing that physical evidence and King's racist writings would demonstrate his responsibility for the murder. King pled not guilty to the charges while his attorney, Haden "Sonny" Cribbs, declined to make an opening statement.

In the weeks leading up to the trial, King has written to Texas newspapers claiming that Berry acted alone in killing Byrd and that neither he nor Brewer were present. In his confession to the police last June, Berry maintained that all three were present, but that Brewer and King attacked Byrd and chained him to Berry's pickup truck.

On Tuesday prosecutors entered into evidence a lighter found at the woodlands clearing where Byrd was chained to the truck. It was engraved with "KKK" and King's prison nickname. Prosecutors also submitted 22 pages of documents, handwritten by King, intended to serve as bylaws for a racist group he had hoped to start, the "Confederate Knights of America Texas Rebel Soldiers." (The Confederate Knights of America is a North Carolina affiliate of the Ku Klux Klan.)

Byrd's family left the courtroom in tears as photographs of his remains and fragments of his tattered clothes were shown to jurors. Equally horrifying was the fact that Byrd was initially conscious while being dragged and tried to prop his head up from the pavement by leaning on his elbows. His head was severed after one mile while his torso was dragged for an additional two miles before being dumped in front of a black cemetery.

The prosecution stated that it would submit DNA evidence further linking King to the crime scene. Saliva tests done on cigarettes found in the clearing reportedly point to all three charged in the murder. Byrd's blood was also allegedly found on King's shoes.

The jury includes eleven whites and one black. Although the town of Jasper is half black, the surrounding county from which the jury pool was drawn is only 18 percent black.

King's adoptive father Ronald, who wrote an apology to Byrd's family after the murder, expressed his dismay and grief over the crime in a November interview with the Dallas Morning News. He told the paper that his son was not raised to be a racist, and that he had grown up around children who were black, including two of Ronald's goddaughters.

John King, the defendant, dropped out of high school in 1992 and was arrested twice for burglary. The second incident led to an eight-year prison sentence that began in July 1995. In prison he shared a cell with Brewer, eight years older and jailed for burglary, cocaine possession and parole violations. Brewer and Berry would later move in with King in the spring of 1998, following King's parole in July 1997 and Brewer's in September of the same year.

In prison King took up with inmates involved in the "Confederate Knights." There he acquired a number of his tattoos, which reportedly include Nazi symbols and a picture of a black man being hung. According to a report published in the Morning News, while in jail he also discussed a plan to drag someone to death.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/1999/feb19 ... -f18.shtml
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

www.9news.com:

"Rubi-Nava, a construction worker, is currently being held at the Douglas County jail on a no-bond hold."

excerpt from another story on the same page:

AURORA (AP) - More than 120 workers are being detained this afternoon after what authorities say may be one of the largest immigration raids in Colorado history.

MEXICO ROTS

How much does anyone want to bet that the 'bottom feeder' that dragged that woman will be let go and told to return in a year for a stupid trial. I'm sure the ACLU is right there bent over in front of him right now.

I have to go to a Safe Driver Class because I went 15 miles over the speed limit. This was the first speeding ticket I ever received and the nice officer told the judge there was nothing on my record except my name and address. As a U.S. citizen I feel under attack...by the public servants supposedly here for our safety...
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast